15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- see all comments
"I can not download th eproject...link is not working...please check"
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
Cinco De Mayo Free Dress Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
Learn how to embellish a free dress pattern in just half an hour when you check out the Cinco De Mayo Free Dress Pattern. This funky idea shows you how to add accents to your easy sewing projects, making them burst with personality. All you need to create this easy peasy, funky monkey dress pattern is an already made dress, some rick rack, pom poms, and anything else you may want to add to your creation. While this summer dress idea was create for Cinco de Mayo, it could easily be worn it all summer long.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Sewn byBoth Hand and Machine
If you need a free dress pattern to embellish with this tutorial, check out our stunning list of dress patterns for sewing. You are sure to find a dress you love in 56 Dress Patterns for Sewing.
Read NextCap Sleeve DIY Maxi Dress
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Jun 26, 2017
This tutorial starts with an already made or store-bought little girls dress. The dress is embellished with pompom trim, lace, rickrack trim and a faux flower plus a button. Pretty for a summer picnic or celebratory occasion. I suspect it would be easy to make a simple pillowcase dress and use the suggestions for trimmings for a similar effect.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Cutlery Pockets Sewing Pattern
Have your dress your spoons, forks, and knives to the nines with this Cutlery Pockets Sewing Pattern. No matter what special occasion… Continue reading: "Cutlery Pockets Sewing Pattern"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Ruffled Diaper Cover Pattern
- Girl's Vintage Pinafore Pattern
- Free Tiered Dress Pattern For Girls
- How To Add Pockets To A Skirt Or Dress
- Loose Ends
- How to Use a PDF Sewing Pattern
- 27 Free Kids Apron Patterns
- How to Sew a Simple Coaster
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners