Quilted Leather Clutch Tutorial
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"Perfect for a night out or dressing up an outfit, this quilted clutch is easy to sew! Love this Quilt Leather Clutch Tutorial! It looks simple to make and so chic! I want to sew this.This step by step tutorial will walk you through how to make this chic accessory."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Sewn byEither Hand or Machine
- 1/4 yard (vegan/faux) leather
1/4 yard quilt batting
1/4 yard thin cotton for backing
1/4 yard lining fabric
- 12" zipper (I couldn’t find one this length that I liked so I used a much longer one, but you can trim it to fit)
- 3/4" D ring
optional: scrap interfacing
Sewing Essentials (scissors, pins, etc.)
Cut 2 pieces of backing fabric approximately 14" x 7". Using a quilting ruler, draw a 1" diagonal grid (45 degrees from the edge of the fabric).
Cut 2 pieces each of quilt batting and leather the same size as the backing (14" x 7") Sandwich a layer of quilt batting between the wrong sides of the leather and the backing material. Use a spray adhesive or glue stick to keep the layers together.
Use your lines as a guide, and quilt all the layers together. Trim rectangles to 13" x 6"
Cut 2 more rectangles (13" x 6") out of the lining material. Cut leather for the strap: 1 piece 2" x 2", 1 piece 14" x 2". My leather was quite thin so I added some interfacing to the strap pieces.
Fold under the raw edges of the strap pieces by 1/4". Fold in half. I use glue stick to keep the strap together while I stitch (don’t use pins that can poke a hole in the leather). Stitch both long ends.
Thread the short piece through the D ring and baste the raw ends together.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Metal Frame Embroidered Bag Pattern
- Reading Glasses Case Using A Flex Frame
- Simple Sew Mug Warmer
- Diy Frankenstein Costume With A Free Pattern
- Diy Marshmello Fortnite Costume
- Diy Halloween Cape With Hood
- Halloween Finger Puppets
- Evergreen Wreath Quilt
- How To Make A Mask Protector
- Make A Table Napkin From Fabric - Easy Square Corner Method
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners