This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
- see all comments
"I can not download th eproject...link is not working...please check"
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
Embroidered Butterfly Hanging Decoration
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
"A simple embroidery pattern to make a pretty hanging butterfly decoration. This is a great embroidery design for beginners as it only uses a few basic stitches. Use an variegated thread to get a colour chance effect without having to keep starting and stopping or a single colour thread. This is a great project for using small scraps of fabric too, as very little is needed to make these pretty butterflies. When they are finished they can filled with pot pourri or lavender to make them scented sachets or with fibre fill to make a simple decoration."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Read NextEmbroidered Mason Jar Lid
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Hot Potato Pouch
Baked potatoes are the ultimate comfort food. They fill you up. They go well with yummy additions like cheese and chives. They are… Continue reading: "Hot Potato Pouch"
- Embroidered Mason Jar Lid
- Hello Sunshine Embroidery Hoop Art
- Teacher's Pet Dress Pattern
- Rainbow and Clouds Embroidery Design
- Delicate Flowers Embroidery Pattern
- Embroidered Butterfly Hanging Decoration
- Christmas Snowflake Bauble
- 35+ Free Embroidery Patterns and Tutorials
- Types of Embroidery
- 9 Tools Needed for Embroidery
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Sew a Simple Coaster
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- May Flowers Spring Wreath DIY
- Easy Shopping Bag
- Dresden Plate Quilt Block
- Chair Cover Sewing Pattern
- Scraptastic Face Wipes
- Easy DIY Heart Pillow (With Reverse Applique)
- Why Do Clothes Shrink in the Dryer?
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners