This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Economical Box Pleat Valance
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"In the office I had installed a roman shade, but I didn't like the hardware that was visible once installed. I made a simple economical box pleat valance that covered the hardware and added a nice touch to my husbands office. This valance took a day to complete and approximately 25.00 dollars."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Sewn byBoth Hand and Machine
- Cotton thread
- 2X4 pinewood
- Decorative Fabric
Double hem lining and put to the side.
Sew decorative fabric pieces together and double hem. Measure halfway point on decorative fabric. Now sew the lining to the decorative fabric.
On the center of your fabric you will create a fold in the fabric. Mine was 8in in width.
Also measure a fold on each corner. Use the 2X4 as a guide to determine the correct amt of fabric for the folds at each corner.
Now pin and sew the smooth side of the velcro to the valance.
Use a staple gun to attach the rough side of the velcro to the 2X4.
Screw l-brackets to the 2X4 and attach to wall. I like to put the valance at least 10in above window trim.
Now attach the valance to the 2X4.
Read NextDIY Woven Rug Tutorial
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- DIY Woven Rug Tutorial
- Friends-Inspired Embroidery Hoop
- Mid-Century Modern Ottoman
- DIY Rope Bowl
- 6 Way Fleece Blanket
- Scrappy Strip Pillow Tutorial
- Spring Embroidered Canvas Art
- Nesting Baskets Tutorial
- 26+ Things To Do With Embroidery Hoops
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How to Organize Your Room Free eBook
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to End a Sewing Stitch
- DIY Heart Keychain
- Sam Sunbonnet Key Holder
- Sewing Planners For Sewing Projects
- Basic Clothing Alterations: Learn How to Make Alterations at Home
- $5 DIY Sewing Machine Extension Table
- 7 Easy Valentine's Day Sewing Projects Free eBook
- Natural Organic Dried Cherry Pit Hand Warmers
- How to Shorten Sleeves of a Button Up Shirt
- 8 DIY Reusable Makeup Remover Pads
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners