9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- see all comments
"I can not download th eproject...link is not working...please check"
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
One Minute DIY Coasters
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
One of these free coaster patterns will only take you sixty seconds to make. This means you could easily create an entire set of One Minute DIY Coasters in less than ten minutes. With such a quick sewing project, you could easily change the coasters in your living room or sitting room with the seasons. Use holiday prints to make super easy Christmas sewing projects or grab some burnt orange fabric to make sure your Thanksgiving guests do not leave watermarks on coffee and side tables.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Read NextChair Cover Sewing Pattern
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Aug 25, 2017
These are really nice. I would put a piece of vinyl in between the layers to the moisture off the table.
Jun 14, 2017
These are super fab and really quick to make, I made a set for a gift and used a faux leather instead of fabric and they looked great, my friend loved them and wanted to know where I had bought them from. I have also made a slightly larger version in fabric to match my living room furniture which sits on the coffee table as a mat for my vase.
Dec 07, 2016
These are really cute and they certainly look quick and easy to make. But I am a bit paranoid about water spots on my furniture so I was thinking maybe you could use oil cloth for at least one of the layers. Or maybe spray some Scotch Guard on them. Any other ideas on this?
Country MouseCity Mouse
Feb 27, 2017
Lisa, I would think you could use oilcloth or waxed cotton. If you have a favorite fabric, you could also use an iron on clear vinyl laminate for one side of your coaster. Iron on laminate is easy to do, just make sure you laminate your fabric before you cut and sew.
Dec 07, 2016
These reversible drink coasters really are easy to make. Great for gifts for workplace colleagues or neighbors. Just look to the scrap basket for seasonal prints and some insulating heat resistant cotton batting or even several cut layers of old terry cloth towels will do. Love quick and easy things to sew like this!
AFC Editor Annalis a
Jan 22, 2016
I can't believe these are so cute yet only take one minute! They would definitely dress up any table.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Hot Potato Pouch
Baked potatoes are the ultimate comfort food. They fill you up. They go well with yummy additions like cheese and chives. They are… Continue reading: "Hot Potato Pouch"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Use a PDF Sewing Pattern
- 27 Free Kids Apron Patterns
- How to Sew a Simple Coaster
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- May Flowers Spring Wreath DIY
- Easy Shopping Bag
- Dresden Plate Quilt Block
- Chair Cover Sewing Pattern
- Scraptastic Face Wipes
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners