9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
Hand Embroidery Curtain Holders
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"Beautiful curtain holders. Made of cotton embroidery tape and linen lining. Cross stitched. Loops made of glass beads. Easy to make, timetaking because of hand embroidery. But you can use decorative fabric instead. Detailed instruction is written on my blog (unfortunately in polish) but I enclosed many pictures that show how to make the project step by step."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteLonger than a weekend
Sewn byBoth Hand and Machine
50 cm of embroidery tape (width 5 cm) - for each curtain hold.
- Lining 50 x 6,5 cm (for each hold)
- Stripe of 50 x 6,5 cm of fleece for each hold
- 30 glass beads (3mm) for loops. 15 for each.
- Magic pen (vanishing) would be helpful
Cross stitch your design on the tape.
Iron the fleece into lining.
Place the stripes together right side in.
Draw the line (shape of peak) on both ends of the stripe and sew together. Note: you have to leave 3-5mm space at each edge.
Turn inside out. Shape the paek on the right and iron.
Iron 3-5mm edge on the lining. Pin both stripes together and sew.
Curtain hold is almost ready. The only thing you have to do is to make loops ot of beads.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How To Fix Wavy Serger Seams
- Monster Bookmarks
- Hip Bag For Baby-wearing
- Lunch Box Bag
- How To Sew Lace
- How To Sew A Drawstring Bag
- Dinosaur Bag
- Sewing Cards For Kids
- How To Make Simple Chair Cushions
- Tips For Learning To Read A Sewing Pattern
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners