We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"Fabric postcards make great gifts or use them as souvenirs on your next trip! This tutorial also shows how to make a fabric postcard ornament. These low-sew projects are great ways to use up small pieces of fabric, scraps from other projects, or leftover quilt blocks. You can customize your fabric postcards with embroidery, fabric paint, or iron-on. Finished Size 4” (10 cm) x 6” (15 cm) Tools Sewing machine with zigzag or overcasting stitches and an appropriate presser foot Rotary cutter and cutting mat OR fabric scissors and marking pen. 4” x 8” quilting ruler. Iron and iron-safe surface. Goddess Sheet or teflon pressing sheet. Basic sewing supplies (seam ripper, thread snips, etc.). Materials 100% cotton fabric for front of postcard. Use assorted scraps, fat eighths or quarter yard prints, quilt blocks, or remnants of other projects. Backing fabric. If you plan to send your postcard in the mail, use white or another light color for best results. Double-sided stiff fusible interfacing, such as Fast2Fuse or Fairfield Stiffen. Double-sided paper backed fusible web, such as Lite Steam-a-Seam 2. Thread in your choice of color for stitching and bobbin. To make a “fussy cut” fabric postcard, you will also need to cut a 4” (10 cm) x 6” (15 cm) window out of a piece of cardstock. Alternatively, you can use a fussy cut ruler. Optional Materials Embroidery floss and embroidery needle to make ornament hanging, or for embellishment Permanent fabric markers for embellishment Iron-on or heat transfer vinyl and weeder for embellishment"
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Make The Cutest Mini Fabric Bin!
- Mason Jar Pincushion
- DIY Circle Swimsuit Cover Up
- Adorable Bakery Embroidery Pattern
- What are the Best Fabrics for Face Masks?
- Upcycled Jeans Fabric Basket
- Why And How To Use Interfacing
- 16 Face Coverings to Sew
- DIY Coffee Cozy with Photograph
- DIY T-Shirt Dress
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners