50+ Quick and Easy Sewing Projects
Short on time? Then these fast and easy free sewing patterns are just what you need!
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Love to sew but short on time? Try one of these quick and easy sewing projects. Make clothing and home decor accents quickly and easily with these beginner sewing projects. The subscribers of our free email newsletter, Sewing It Up, loved our 5 Minute Sewing Projects issue, like the 5 Minute Skirt, 5 Minute Kleenex Holder, and 5 Minute Bread Bag, so we decided to put together a quick and easy sewing guide. Sew one or all of these quick projects; you'll have enough time for as many as you want!
Plus, don't miss our video on how to sew an easy plastic bag dispenser!
Table of Contents
Find easy sewing projects in our preview of Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners. Download these two easy sewing projects today! Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners
Quick DIY Home Decor
These quick and easy sewing projects will transform your home from drab to fab in no time! Go big on style without spending a lot of time--all you need are these free sewing patterns and a few minutes. Your home decor can look professional and stylish no matter how hectic your life is.
- DIY Remote Caddy TutorialIf you're tired of picking up remotes, magazines, and books off of your living room floor, then you'll love this simple DIY organizer.
- Patterned Pillow Cover in MinutesAvoid the retail cost of home decorating with sewing projects like this Patterned Pillow Cover in Minutes.
- 5 Minute PillowsYou can make this sewn pillow pattern during commercial breaks, while you're waiting for your coffee to brew, or even when you are on hold.
- How to Make Cloth NapkinsThis How to Make Cloth Napkins tutorial shows you exactly how to sew some stylish and cute cloth napkins for your next dinner party.
- Add Pompoms to a Cushion or PillowThis quick, easy-peasy technique will put a put a playful pop of color into any project, especially a handmade pillow like the one pictured here.
- No Sew Pillow Cover VideoLearn how to make a pillow cover that's quick, easy, and low-maintenance.
- Ruffled Lamp ShadeIf you know how to sew ruffles, you know how to make this Ruffled Lamp Shade!
- 10 Minute Little PillowIn just ten minutes, you can decorate and sew up this fancy, little piece and place it in your home. The 10 Minute Little Pillow is a great gift for the mom who loves knickknacks.
- Upcycled Sweater PillowcaseThis DIY project will show you how to take your old cozy sweater and transform it into a unique pillowcase.
- Vintage Button Kitchen CurtainsThese Vintage Button Kitchen Curtains look great in a kitchen or hanging from a bedroom window to add some quirky flair to your sleeping space.
- Simple Lace and Burlap Table RunnerIf you want to learn how to make a table runner, sewing with burlap is a good way to add some character to your dining room table.
Easy Sewing Ideas for Beginners
If you're new to sewing and have been searching for the perfect project to start with, then you'll love this list of simple sewing projects. Designed for those new to sewing, these quick DIY ideas are fantastic ways to practice improving your sewing skills.
- One Hour Sunflower PillowNow that summer is here, try making this One Hour Sunflower Pillow to bring a splash of the summer into your home!
- 5 Minute Bread BagMake a simple bag to keep bread in or to use as a gift bag with this easy beginner sewing project. The 5 minute bread bag really does take only 5 minutes!
- No Sew DIY Ironing BoardTired of dragging your bulky ironing board into your sewing room just to press a few seams? Say hello to this No Sew DIY Ironing Board.
- Framed Ruffly HeartPut your fabric on your walls this Valentine's Day with this free, easy holiday craft. Make a Framed Ruffly Heart to hang up and decorate your home for the holiday, or all year round.
- 2 Yard Ruffle Pillow ShamUsing only 2 yards of fabric, you can give your bedding an instant upgrade with this easy sewing tutorial.
- One Step No-Sew Quilting GlovesWhat no one tells you when you first start machine quilting is just how tired your hands can get. Make your life just a little easier with these One Step No-Sew Quilting Gloves.
- Vintage Sheet Shower CurtainForget boring shower curtains from the dollar store and have fun transforming a pretty patterned sheet into a fully functional shower curtain.
No Brainer Easy Refashioning Projects
Reusing, repurposing, recycling, upcycling, and refashioning are all quick, easy, and eco-friendly. Turn trash to treasure with one of these quick and easy sewing projects. Since you're working with pre-made items, half the work is already done for you!
- 20 Minute Spring Sweater RedoDoes your wardrobe need a touch of spring? Jazz up an old sweater with bright-colored buttons using this free sewing pattern.
- Skirt From Men's Button DownThis Skirt From Men's Button Down Idea shows you how to make a skirt for nothing at all. You are going to love this money-saving idea.
- Reusable T-Shirt BagEasy bags to make can be both affordable and space-saving, especially with this tutorial.
- Comfortably Bold Shirt Refashion PatternThis free sewing pattern only takes about an hour to complete, and is one of those great projects that only requires 1 yard of fabric.
- Ten Minute Pillowcase ApronLearn how to make an apron that looks just like the vintage sewing patterns of old by simply creating this easy apron pattern out of an old school print.
- 30 Minute Jeans Mending TutorialThere's nothing worse than a rip in your favorite jeans. Save yourself the headache and the pricetag with this 30 Minute Jeans Mending Tutorial.
- 10 Minute Free Apron PatternHave ten minutes to spare and an adorable dish towel? If you do, you could have a brand new, adorable, and practical apron in no time.
- How to Make a Shirt LacyLearn how to upcycle that shirt to make it even more chic with this how to sew a shirt idea.
- Lengthen a Too Short TopThis tutorial to Lengthen a Too Short Top is a quick, simple and stylish solution that takes under 30 minutes. Go on, resurrect that cropped tee!
- Mom's Vintage Vendor ApronAdd some serious style to your next bake sale or garage sale with this easy tutorial for Mom's Vintage Vendor Apron.
Fast Clothing Patterns to Wear
These quick and easy sewing projects are faster than buying clothing from a store! You can look stylish and unique in as little as 5 minutes with these sewing patterns and tutorials. Just follow the simple directions and dress yourself from head to toe. You'll still have enough time to do everything else on your list!
- Simple 15 Minute SkirtIf you want a new piece in your wardrobe and have a half-hour to spare, there's no reason not to try this Simple 15 Minute Skirt.
- Elastic Waistband SkirtMake your own high-waisted skirt with this Elastic Waistband Skirt tutorial!
- 5 Minute SkirtWhether you're in a hurry to get somewhere or you don't have time for a huge project, the 5 Minute Skirt is the perfect solution for you.
- Easiest DIY Maxi SkirtThe Easiest DIY Maxi Skirt tutorial is so easy to make that even a beginner could tackle this project.
- Quick Change Corsage NecklaceMake a Quick Change Corsage Necklace using a fabric flower that you can sew yourself!
- 30 Minute J Crew Inspired TankIt might seem impossible, but you really can learn how to sew a tank that looks just like a top from one of your favorite stores for less than half the price.
- Scrapbuster Hair Bow TutorialThis free sewing tutorial teaches you how to make a hair bow out of small scraps of fabric so that you can dress up your bun whether you're going for a casual or dressy look.
Quick Sewing Patterns for Kids
Even children can have a homemade wardrobe in a flash! In fact, children are even quicker and easier to sew for because their clothing is smaller. Make some of these adorable, quick and easy sewing projects to dress your child in style without wasting your time.
- How to Make A Tutu DressLearning how to make a tutu has never been easier. If you have a little dancer in your life, you absolute have to get started on this How to Make a Tutu Dress tutorial.
- Quick Baby BonnetMake an adorable bonnet for your grandchild with this free sewing pattern. Decorative and heirloom stitches make this bonnet a great project for intermediate level crafters.
- No-Sew Aprons for KidsThis No-Sew Apron for Kids is your solution to your apron-less child dilemma.
- How to Make Baby LeggingsWant to know How to Make Baby Leggings? Here's a free, printable pattern and tutorial for these adorable drop crotch style baby leggings.
- Quick and Easy Two Tiered SkirtLearn how to make a skirt in under an hour with this free girls skirt sewing pattern.
- Ruffle Butt OnesieThese baby sewing projects will show you all you need to know about sewing baby clothes so you can make a ruffle butt onesie.
- Bandana Bib TutorialThese bibs are quick to make and can be made in as many fabrics and colors as you want.
- Toddler Bow Headband Sewing PatternLearn how to make a precious accessory for your little one with this Toddler Bow Headband Sewing Pattern.
Simple and Chic DIY Accessories
One of the best types of quick sewing projects are DIY accessories, because they're a fast and simple way to update your wardrobe in no time. From trendy scarves that are perfect for spring or fall, to beginner-friendly bags you can make in under an hour, give your wardrobe an easy makeover with these accessory sewing patterns.
- DIY Kate Spade Key FobThis DIY Kate Spade Key Fob is a quick and easy sewing project that you can finish in an hour or less, and adds the perfect touch of class to your purse.
- Chicken Feed Bag TutorialThis Chicken Feed Bag Tutorial is super easy and takes less than an hour to make. If you're looking for recycled craft ideas, you'll love this simple bag.
- Pride and Prejudice Infinity Scarf PatternTake your all-time favorite, beloved classic with you wherever you go with this Pride and Prejudice Infinity Scarf Pattern.
- Denim Flower DIY NecklaceThis Denim Flower DIY Necklace is a perfectly charming way to recycle old jeans, and shows you how to create delicate denim blossoms that are a fabulous addition to your jewelry collection.
- Multi-Way Kita ScarfThe Multi-Way Kita Scarf is perfect for all occasions. You can wear it in so many different ways, and it will look like a new garment every time.
- Lightweight Infinity ScarfIf you want to learn how to sew a scarf that will stay in-season all year, check out this great fashion scarf pattern.
- One Hour BagLearn how to make a purse in one hour with this stunning free purse pattern for sewing.
- Simple Summer ToteLearn how to sew your own purse with this tutorial, it's perfect for beginners!
Simple Sewing Crafts
If you love crafting, then you don't want to miss these fast and budget-friendly DIY sewing crafts. Stop searching for what to sew and make one of these beginner-friendly craft ideas today!
- Watermelon DIY Potholder TutorialMake a fun and festive potholder that's perfect for celebrating summer with this Watermelon DIY Potholder Tutorial.
- Ladylike Teacup DIY PincushionMade with a delicate and dainty teacup, this DIY pincushion is an easy no sew project that you can make in under an hour, and is the perfect DIY gift idea for any sewist.
- Easy Laminated Shower CapMade with laminated cotton, this beginner sewing project is great for those new to sewing and is a fantastic quick DIY gift idea or easy stocking stuffer.
- 2-for-1 Reversible PouchThis free purse pattern is just the right size to carry easy-to-lose belongings like wallets and cell phones and adds a unique twist to any outfit.
- 30 Minute Sleep Mask PatternThe sleeping mask sewing pattern and tutorial will take only 30 minutes to make! This is a great project when you have little time to sew, or a weekend sewing project.
- 15 Minute DIY Coffee CozyCreated by using materials you can easily find in your stash or at the dollar store, this 15 Minute DIY Coffee Cozy is easy to personalize and entirely unique.
- 5 Minute Kleenex HolderThis easy peasy sewn accessory takes just 10 minutes to make, and uses barely any fabric in the process. Not only is this a great gift idea - it's also a great way to clear out some scraps from your sewing closet.
More Quick and Easy Sewing Projects
We know you can't get enough quick and easy sewing projects, so we're throwing in a bunch more! There are projects that are sewing for beginners, but even advanced sewists can appreciate these free sewing patterns.
- Dreaming Diva Sleep Mask Sewing PatternYou deserve nothing but the best, and this cute sewn accessory gives sewists both the simplicity and style they crave in crafty projects.
- Twenty Minute ToteThis tote bag pattern is one of our most popular projects and it is easy to see why!
- DIY Makeup Brush RollKeep your makeup brushes organized and clean with this simple sewing project that's the perfect gift idea for women, teens, and tweens.
- 5 Minute DIY BookmarkIf you need a quick gift for anyone, the 5 Minute DIY Bookmark is the perfect way to show someone you care without spending a ton of time or money on a gift.
- Coloring Book CaddyThe coloring book caddy tutorial uses 3 fat quarters and can fit 4-6 coloring books and pencils or pens. It's a great project for beginners and even to make with your kids!
- Travel Shave Kit Sewing PatternFrom New York to Tokyo, this free sewing pattern is the perfect sewn accessory to take with you on your travels. With a basic zipper, this project is super-easy to make, even if you're not the most experienced sewist.
- One Hour SoftieSpend the next hour making these adorable softies. With cute details, it's hard to believe you can make the One Hour Softie in such short time.
- Super Easy Lanyard and Key Chain WristletThese handy accessories are so cute and will save you from hours locked out of the car or the house.
- Ahoy DIY Baby ToysThe Ahoy DIY Baby Toys pattern shows you how to make easy and quick, DIY baby shower gifts in under an hour. Little hands are going to love playing with this nautical, free sewing for baby pattern.
- DIY Rustic Checkers GameWith this DIY Rustic Checkers Game, you can easily create and take old-school fun with you wherever you go - even outdoors!
BONUS! Best New Beginner Sewing Pattern
- Patchwork Picnic Blanket TutorialSpring weather means it's almost time for cookout season, so what better way to start off spring than by designing a gorgeous picnic blanket? This Patchwork Picnic Blanket Tutorial lets you transform 3 1/2 yards of bright spring fabric into a simple picnic blanket that's perfect for family trips or church cookouts. This picnic blanket tutorial shows you how to combine simple patchwork with a budget-friendly vinyl tablecloth so that your blanket is spill-proof and protected from the elements. This project is great for sewing beginners and is a super quick make, meaning your family will be dining in style in no time. Pack away your complicated quilts and embrace a simple and stress-free project with this blanket tutorial.
Download the 12 Beautiful Tote Purse Patterns eBook: Find 12 free tote projects to create bags large enough for trips to the library, the gym or the beach. Also included are simple clutch ideas so you can make smaller bags ideal for nights out or quick day trips. 12 Beautiful Tote Purse Patterns eBook
How much time do you like to spend on a project? Let us know below in the comments!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- Fabric Basket Tutorial
- Creative Mug DIY Organizer
- Composition Book Cover
- 25 Quick Impressive Hostess Gifts
- 15 Sewing Projects Inspired by the Victorian Era
- 15 Minute Mouse Pad Wrist Rest
- 25+ Easy Fabric Flower Patterns
- The Car Organizer How To
- Fat Quarter Fabric Basket
- Needle Case Tutorial with Ribbon Trim
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Fashionable Travel Bag
- Small Backpack Pattern for Small Budgets
- Farm Girl Recycled Jeans Apron
- Refashion Shorts into a Skirt
- When You Wish....Baby Mat
- Make a Hexagon Storage Pouch
- Lace Zipper Pouch Tutorial
- Harvest Leaf Coasters
- Free Girl's Circle Skirt
- 28 DIY Thanksgiving Table Decorations & Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners