- see all comments
"Updated link https//web.archive.org/web/20200203132624/https//d == iystyle.net/projects/fashion/ruffled-zipper-clutch == /"
"https//www.charmed-liebling.com/uploads/1/1/1/6/11 == 162541/pinkpeonybag9589.pdf. It seems like the link is broken."
"Thanks a lot!!"
"Looking for pattern to make pillows from old cheer uniforms?"
Dreaming Diva Sleep Mask Sewing Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
Learn how to make a sleep mask fit for a queen with this Dreaming Diva Sleep Mask Sewing Pattern. You deserve nothing but the best, and this cute sewn accessory gives sewists both the simplicity and style they crave in crafty projects. It takes as little as 15 minutes to create this bedtime companion, so there's no need to block out a large chunk of your evening to complete it. Not to mention, cute crafts like this make great gifts, and you can even finish the mask off with a cute eyelash embellishment.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Sewn byEither Hand or Machine
- 1/4 yard each black velvet fabric and soft quilt batting
- 1/2 yard elastic
- White craft paint
- Freezer paper and an X-acto knife
Start by tracing a sleep mask you already have onto the velvet. Cut out two pieces.
Pin or clip them together (right sides facing) and sew in place -- remembering to leave the sides open! This is where you will attach your elastic.
After you've sewn the two pieces together, turn them inside out. Use the mask to trace another pattern on the batting, making it a tiny bit smaller. Cut out the batting piece and insert it into the mask.
Insert and pin one end of the elastic in one side of the mask. Put the mask over your eyes and stretch the elastic around the back of your head to figure out how long to make the strap. Cut the other end of the elastic and insert and pin it into the other side of the mask. Fold the raw edges in around the straps and pin them in place. Top-stitch around the whole mask.
Print or draw a large pair of eyelashes on the dull side of freezer paper. Carefully carve out the eyelash shapes with an X-acto knife, and place the stencil shiny side down on the eye mask. Iron in place. With a craft brush, dab light layers of craft paint over the stencil until you get the level of saturation you want. Let dry completely, then carefully peel off the stencil.
Read NextBifold DIY Wallet
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Aug 08, 2018
When you can't sleep with the lights on and you live in a dorm room with a roomie who stays up so long you need one of these masks. Even after moving out, I still use mine and I love how creative people get with their designs. I've seen one that has one eye open and one winking too. Thanks for this very simple and well explained tutorial. Velvet is such a diva fabric!
Dec 21, 2016
My eight year old grand daughter loves to wear these sleep mask to block out the light when she is going to bed the night light bothers her but she does not want it dark in the room. She is a diva so this is just right for her. I am going to make her a new one if I can find hers to use as a pattern in a dark pink or purple. I think I will cover the elastic with some fabric too. A very simple project to make that I think I will make some extras. Great tutorial for even a beginner too.Thanks.
AFC Editor Annalis a
Jan 15, 2016
This is too cute! This would make sleeping in on the weekends easier and better yet, you'll do in style!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Easy Lined Drawstring Bag
Super easy and quick lined drawstring bag tutorial. Over the past few years, the drawstring bags became very popular as an… Continue reading: "Easy Lined Drawstring Bag"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Plastic Bags Holders
- Free Cell Phone Bag Pattern
- Why is My Thread Wrapping Around the Bobbin?
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Make A Ruffle Dress From Men's Button Down Shirts
- Free Tie-Hem Shorts Sewing Pattern for Girls
- Easy Girl's Sundress Sewing Pattern
- A Line Dress Pattern For Girls
- Turn Your Old Jeans Into Versatile Denim Belts With Pockets
- 30+ Shirt Dress Patterns Free
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners