We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Learn how to make a sleep mask fit for a queen with this Dreaming Diva Sleep Mask Sewing Pattern. You deserve nothing but the best, and this cute sewn accessory gives sewists both the simplicity and style they crave in crafty projects. It takes as little as 15 minutes to create this bedtime companion, so there's no need to block out a large chunk of your evening to complete it. Not to mention, cute crafts like this make great gifts, and you can even finish the mask off with a cute eyelash embellishment.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Sewn byEither Hand or Machine
- 1/4 yard each black velvet fabric and soft quilt batting
- 1/2 yard elastic
- White craft paint
- Freezer paper and an X-acto knife
Start by tracing a sleep mask you already have onto the velvet. Cut out two pieces.
Pin or clip them together (right sides facing) and sew in place -- remembering to leave the sides open! This is where you will attach your elastic.
After you've sewn the two pieces together, turn them inside out. Use the mask to trace another pattern on the batting, making it a tiny bit smaller. Cut out the batting piece and insert it into the mask.
Insert and pin one end of the elastic in one side of the mask. Put the mask over your eyes and stretch the elastic around the back of your head to figure out how long to make the strap. Cut the other end of the elastic and insert and pin it into the other side of the mask. Fold the raw edges in around the straps and pin them in place. Top-stitch around the whole mask.
Print or draw a large pair of eyelashes on the dull side of freezer paper. Carefully carve out the eyelash shapes with an X-acto knife, and place the stencil shiny side down on the eye mask. Iron in place. With a craft brush, dab light layers of craft paint over the stencil until you get the level of saturation you want. Let dry completely, then carefully peel off the stencil.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Stuffed Alligator Sewing Pattern
- How To Make A Felt Alligator
- Easy Diy Pillow Covers
- Diy Bedside Or Couch Organizer
- Fun Crop Top Sewing Tutorial
- Upcycled Baby Doll Clothes
- Fat Quarter Kid Apron Tutorial
- Sew Four Easy Bookmarks With A Free Pattern
- Origami Bag / Free Pattern With 4 Sizes
- Insulated Baby Bottle Cover Free Sewing Pattern
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners