How To Lengthen A Dress With A Ruffle
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"If you have a dress that’s just a little too short then you can lengthen a dress with a ruffle! It’s an easy and quick fix, and you can use pretty fabric. Because I’m a mom and there’s always someone tugging on me or hiding behind me, it’s easy for my dresses and skirts to get flipped up. For this reason I prefer and feel more comfortable when dresses are just a little bit longer. I am really tall so finding a midi length dress is basically impossible. Instead I love to make dresses longer my own way like adding a ruffle to the hem of a dress."
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Rustic French Lavender Sachets
- Vintage Trousers into Cuffed Shorts Tutorial
- Vintage Sheet Shower Curtain
- 10-Minute DIY Toiletry Bag Tutorial
- Designer DIY Sleeveless Blazer
- Fleece Sweatshirt Refashion
- Upcycled Lace Shorts Tutorial
- 20 Minute Shirt to Skirt
- Boho Style Patchwork Poncho
- Chiffon T-Shirt Refashion
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Stuffed Animal Face Mask
- Cactus Finger Puppet
- Sewing With Grommets & Eyelets: Tips, Tricks & Projects
- Perfect Beach Dress For Summer Fun
- Swirl Skirt Pattern For A 18" Doll
- 6 Sewing Projects for Christmas: Easy Last Minute Christmas Gifts Free eBook
- The Best And Easiest Ways To Gather Fabric!
- Diy Sleep Mask For Stylish Sleep
- Diy Breathable Face Mask Tutorial
- The Best Baby Burp Cloth Pattern
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners