Finding A Grainline In Sewing
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"To have a correct garment fitting you must cut the patterns following the guidelines for the grainline. This will help you to position your patterns in the correct direction of the fabric so your garment can have a correct and proper fit. You might find that sometimes the grainline is not very clean on some fabrics, but in this post I will show you exactly how to find it, and why it is so important to know how to find the grainline on fabrics."
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Know Your Bras Guide [Infographic]
- 10 Sewing Apps
- Solved: What is Sewing Machine Oil?
- 13 Sewing Blogs for Over 50
- How To Fix Thread Machine's Tension
- What Do Laundry Symbols Mean?
- Cut on the Fold, Cut on the Grain
- How to Clean Vintage Fabric and Clothing
- Printable Yardage Charts
- Online Resources for Vintage Sewing Patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Reindeer Ornament
- Scented Mug Rugs
- Every Girl Goes Crazy For A Sharp Dressed Puppy Dog
- Don't Bottle Up Your Tree Gnome
- Balsam Gnomes Quilt
- Easy Sew Wine Bottle Bag
- Easy Reversible Placemats With Rounded Corners
- Homes For The Holidays Mini Quilt
- Pentagon Star Ornaments
- Yo Yo Ornaments
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners