Finding A Grainline In Sewing
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"To have a correct garment fitting you must cut the patterns following the guidelines for the grainline. This will help you to position your patterns in the correct direction of the fabric so your garment can have a correct and proper fit. You might find that sometimes the grainline is not very clean on some fabrics, but in this post I will show you exactly how to find it, and why it is so important to know how to find the grainline on fabrics."
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Sewing Machine Presser Foot Guide
- 10 Sewing Apps
- Printable Yardage Charts
- What is Sewing Machine Oil?
- Tips for Sewing for Curves
- How To Make A Fabric Swatch Book
- Know Your Bras Guide [Infographic]
- How to Clean Vintage Fabric and Clothing
- National Sewing Month Scavenger Hunt
- 13 Sewing Blogs for Over 50
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Scrunchie Sewing Pattern
- How To Cut Leggings Into Shorts
- How To Add A Side Pocket To Leggings
- Why You Should Submit Your Projects to AllFreeSewing
- Diy Dog Leash
- Fun Diy Sunglasses Case
- Kim from Exquisitely Unremarkable
- How To Make Kids Pants Smaller
- Easy Handmade Fabric Border
- Making Bias Tape
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners