This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
How To Sew The Blanket Stitch
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"Make pretty edging on your sewn projects with the blanket stitch Video and photo tutorials show how to sew for this useful hand embroidery stitch on a straight line or around a circle, as well as how to change thread. One important thing to remember is that blanket stitch is worked from left to right, unlike most other hand stitches. As you pull your thread through the fabric, you also must remember to block a little loop with your finger so that you can pass the needle through it. This catches the thread and is what makes it possible to create the cool effect of the thread running along the fabric edge. "
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Kids Robe Pattern
- Shiny + Bright Ornament #6
- Free Mitten Sewing Pattern
- What is Draping? In Sewing and Fashion
- Teardrop Nostalgic Christmas Ornament
- Felt Nativity Advent Calendar Pattern
- DIY Fabric Tree For Christmas
- Star Christmas Ornament Block
- Sew Fast Autumn Table Runner Pattern
- Yoga Mat Strap
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners