This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Halloween Dress Up Vest
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"This child fleece vest pattern is free and perfect for dressing up with and trick or treating on a cold night! Designed to coordinate with the Halloween hat packs 1, 2 and 3. This vest comes in sizes baby 3 months to child 12! Keep a look out for additional modifications that go along with this vest that coordinate with specific hat packs."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
1 yard of fleece
- 1/2" elastic for arms
- 1" elastic for hem
- Velcro for front closure (1 long piece that goes down the whole front or several smaller pieces, spaced out)
You will need to assemble the pattern. Cut out all the pieces of the vest. On folded fabric. Cut 2 front pieces, 1 back piece (on the fold) 2 collar pieces. Sew front to back at shoulder seam, right sides together. Note: the white represents the right side of the fabric and the brown is the wrong side of the fabric. All seam allowances are 1/2" unless otherwise stated. A walking or even feed foot can be useful for sewing over bulky seams.
Fold armscye to the wrong side by 3/4". Sew with a 5/8" seam to form a casing. Cut your elastic (length printed on pattern piece) and attach a safety pin to the end. Feed your elastic through the casing and tack the ends of the elastic down so it doesn’t slide out of the casing. With right sides together, sew your side seams. Repeat steps 1-3 with the other front piece.
Sew both collar pieces together, right sides facing, along the curved edge. Trim the seam allowance and turn right side out.
Sew the collar to the right side of the neckline, aligning the ends of the collar with the stars printed on the pattern pieces.
Fold the front edges to the right side by 1". The stars will be 1/2" away from the fold line. Sew the ends down as shown below. Clip the corners and turn right side out.
Cut your 1" elastic for the bottom hem (length printed on pattern piece). On the wrong side of the vest, pin the short ends 1" away from the front edge, and the bottom edge of the elastic 1 1/4" from the bottom edge. Tack down both short elastic ends with a line of stitching. Fold the bottom edge up to the wrong side by 1 1/4". Sew 1" away from the fold line to form a casing. Make sure that you don’t catch the elastic while you stitch.
Read NextBubble Skirt Sewing Pattern
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy Sensory Mat Tutorial
- Diy Spider Web Pillow
- Diy Halloween Banner
- How to Make a Bag Out of a Mask
- Tote Bags To Seat Cushions
- Notebook Cover With Receipt Pocket
- How To Make A Toiletry Wrap
- DIY Felt Leaf Placemats
- DIY Cute Ghost Decorations
- Free Pumpkin Placemat Pattern
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners