50+ Free Clothing Sewing Patterns for Girls
Treat your little princess to a brand new wardrobe with this collection of sewing patterns for girls.
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
If you spend any time looking through popular sewing blogs, you'll notice that free clothing sewing patterns for girls are everywhere! Making girly sewing projects or using girly sewing patterns is a great way to learn how to sew and is always fun! If you have a little girl to sew for, these free little girl dress patterns and sewing patterns for girls clothing will be of great use to you.
While free clothing sewing patterns for girls are easy to come by, you won't find free clothing sewing patterns for girls this cute just anywhere! We've found quality free clothing sewing patterns for girls that we think you'll love. The 50+ Free Clothing Sewing Patterns for Girls you'll find in this collection are comfy and stylish so your little girl can play and learn in a wonderful handmade wardrobe. To save money and give her a special wardrobe all her own, check out the free clothing sewing patterns for girls in this collection.
Find more free sewing patterns in our free eNewsletter: Sewing It Up!
PLUS! Don't miss our video on how to make ruffle pants for toddlers!
Table of Contents
Looking for more dress patterns? Check out our giant list of free dress patterns for women and girls!
Everyday Skirt Patterns for Girls
If your little one is incredibly active, then she needs some simple and basic skirts that can keep up with her busy schedule. These free skirt patterns and tutorials are perfect for girls on the go, and are quick and easy sewing projects that are perfect for beginners.
- 10 Minute Skirt Tutorial"Need a quick summer skirt that’s easy to make, comfortable to wear, and looks adorable? Make this easy 10 minutes skirt!"
- Cute Cupcake Easy Skirt PatternThis adorable Cute Cupcake Easy Skirt Pattern will be the envy of every girl on the playground when you make it for that special girl in your life.
- A Simple Skirt TutorialLearn a new way to make a skirt in this two-tiered style.
- 20 Minute DIY SkirtThis tutorial shows you how to make a skirt that is essential for anyone who enjoys DIY fashion.
- Contrast Hem DIY SkirtYour little girl will love wearing this DIY skirt and you can make it in a ton of different colors so she can wear one every day of the week.
- Nautical Elastic Waistband SkirtThis Nautical Elastic Waistband Skirt is easy to sew and completely budget-friendly.
- Bluebell Reversible Scalloped SkirtEasy sewing projects that yield a two-in-one piece of clothing are definitely worth the work.
- 3-in-1 Simple Skirt PatternThis is a great pattern for girls of all ages, and it is versatile too.
- Jean Baby Free Skirt PatternUtilizing an old pair of jeans, this skirt pattern for girls is the ideal project for a mom who is looking to save some money.
- How to Make a Circle SkirtIn just one afternoon you can learn how to sew a circle skirt that you girl is sure to love wearing.
- T-Shirt Tutu TutorialThis T-Shirt Tutu Tutorial lets you recycle old t-shirts into an adorable tutu made out of soft cotton, so it's perfect for little ones.
Free Skirt Patterns for Girls
If you're looking for a quick sewing project for your granddaughter, then you'll love this collection of skirt patterns and tutorials. Perfect projects for sewing beginners, we guarantee your little princess will love twirling in one of these skirt patterns for girls. These DIY skirts are great for girls of all ages, from toddlers to grade school girls, so that you're sure to find something your granddaughter will love.
- Spring Skirt for Girls TutorialThis Spring Skirt for Girls Tutorial is crazy easy to customize to fit any little lady. It can be made out of any scrap fabric you might have laying around.
- Paperdoll SkirtRemember when you used to make paper doll chains? This adorable Paperdoll Skirt is an easy sewing project modeled after that classic paper craft.
- Fun and Frilly Jelly Roll Skirt TutorialThis Fun and Frilly Jelly Roll Skirt Tutorial is the epitome of fab. Help your little girl flounce and flaunt with this big frilly girls skirt pattern.
- Ballet Ruffle SkirtTurn a woman's T-shirt into a ballet ruffle skirt for a little girl using this easy sewing project.
- Ruffly Rhumba SkirtMake a fun, ruffle rhumba skirt for your daughter using this simple sewing project for kids. It even comes with a video tutorial for extra help!
- Tablecloth Lace Skirt TutorialUse an old tablecloth to create a lovely skirt for summer. The Tablecloth Lace Skirt Tutorial will show you how to make a lace skirt that's trendy and stylish.
- Irish Charm Ruffled SkirtLooking for a St. Patrick's Day outfit for your girls? Attire your little leprechauns in this adorable Irish Charm Ruffled Skirt.
- Pattern Full of Posies SkirtIf you've ever yearned to sew your own clothes, either out of a desire to be economically conscientious or simple envy of others' skill, the Pattern Full of Posies Skirt is what you've been looking for.
- Simple Reversible Vintage SkirtQuick, easy, and understated, this two-for-one reversible skirt tutorial will double the outfits you can make. Mix and match fabrics to get just the right look.
- Charm Pack Patchwork SkirtMake your daughter or granddaughter a skirt she won't be able to stop twirling in with this Charm Pack Patchwork Skirt.
- How to Sew a T-Shirt SkirtTake a plain t-shirt and turn it into a fun and flirty skirt with this tutorial for How to Sew a T-Shirt Skirt.
- DIY Ruffle SkirtEvery girl looks adorable in ruffles, and this DIY Ruffle Skirt is the cutest way to use them yet. This tutorial shows you how to make a skirt that is a fun, fashionable way to use up any ruffle scraps you have around.
Simple Dress Patterns for Girls
We love basic dresses that can be worn anywhere, so these simple dress patterns for girls are great for the playground, school, or just playing at home. Beginner-approved, this list of DIY dresses are ideal for those new to sewing and take no time at all to make!
- The Tropisch Dress Pattern"A staple of any summer wardrobe should be a simple shirt style dress. And the more “tropical” the print, the better!"
- Little Lady Braided Dress PatternGirls will love wearing this adorable summer dress, which looks great in light summer fabrics like cotton or seersucker.
- Reversible Zen DressMake two dresses at once with the Reversible Zen Dress.
- Upcycled Dress for GirlsYour husband's old dress shirt can be put to a stylish new use for your daughter. Sew her an Upcycled Dress for Girls using any shirt your husband no longer wears.
- The Twirly Dress Free Pattern"With raglan sleeves, a hood, and gathered skirt, this dress was as fun to make as it seems to be to wear. "
- Two Tee Shirt Summer DressUpcycle your old t-shirts into adorable summer sun dress patterns like this.
- Layered Dress for GirlsThis adorable Layered Dress for Girls is made up of feminine ruffles that will make her feel like a real princess.
- Pocketful of Butterflies DressThe Pocketful of Butterflies Dress involves imagination with its winning combination of sewing and fabric painted embellishments.
- DIY Upcycled T-shirt Dress for GirlsTake old discarded t-shirts and turn them into something fabulous!
- One-Yard Sydney Dress PatternThis adorable dress pattern for girls is the perfect way for your little lady to keep cool and play in comfort.
Free Dress Patterns for Girls
When it comes to sewing patterns for girls, dresses have been a long time favorite. These DIY dresses vary from special occasion dresses for girls to light and comfy sundresses that are easy to play and move in. These stylish and girly free dress patterns are great for back to school season, spring pictures, and holiday parties!
- Easy Girls Gathered Dress PatternThis easy dress pattern is super roomy, so your girls can still run and play in comfort without being restricted in tight clothes.
- Jolly Holiday Dress PatternWith this free dress pattern for girls, you can make an adorable dress that's perfect for a family dinners, holiday parties, and school programs!
- DIY Chiffon Fairy Costume"Today I have the cutest DIY Fairy Costume Tutorial made with a lovely flowy chiffon!"
- Knotted High-Low DIY DressSew your little girl this adorable Knotted High-Low DIY Dress for the summer months when all she wants to do is play outside.
- Strawberry Vanilla DressThe Strawberry Vanilla Dress is super-cute with either a halter neck or with crossing ties in the back. Let your little one run and play in this adorable, easy to make dress.
- Flutter Sleeves Dress for GirlsThis Flutter Sleeves Dress for Girls tutorial will help you learn how to make a dress that is simple and adorable without being overly sweet.
- Combined Crafts Sewn Crochet DressThis lovely little tunic-style girl's clothing pattern is a quick sewing project that your little lady will want to be wearing all summer.
- Keyhole Neckline DressWith a unique collar and buttoned up back, this DIY dress screams to be worn. Free little girl dress patterns like this one can help make up a lovely wardrobe for your little girl.
- Frozen-Inspired Princess Anna CostumeThis Princess Anna costume is an apron, which means that it is easy, quick, and budget friendly.
- Fairy Light Princess DressWhether this is your daughter's first royal excursion or her umpteenth Halloween as a princess, this is one of the DIY Halloween costumes she will talk about well past her childhood.
- Side Bow Sweater DressThis unbelievably chic dress is made by upscaling a men's sweater. All you have to do to refashion an oversized sweater is follow the tutorial on the page.
- Easy Zipper Dress TutorialMake your little girl an adorable dress with the Easy Zipper Dress Tutorial and she won't want to take it off!
- How to Make A Tutu Dress Any pretty little princess will feel absolutely royal when she slips on this adorable little tutu dress.
- 2 Tee Tie-Back DressInstead of tossing out those old tee shirts, work them into a 2 Tee Tie-Back Dress for your girl.
- Sweet Shirred Peasant Dress TutorialFollow this Sweet Shirred Peasant Dress Tutorial to learn how to make a dress that is adorable, yet comfortable for playtime.
Fun DIY Accessories for Girls
If there's one thing girls love, it's bright and colorful accessories! From pretty hair bows to fun and playful jackets, these DIY accessories for girls are a whimsical finishing touch to any outfit.
- 30 Minute Butterfly BowThese 30 Minute Butterfly Bows will put the finishing touches on any springtime ensemble, and are a great way to use of scraps of fabric in a short amount of time.
- Sweet Little Girl's CardiganYou can take a sweater you already own and refashion it to become an adorable cardigan for a little girl.
- Fingerless GlovesThis sewing pattern comes in two different sizes so you can make a pair for you and your little girl.
- Goodnight Gown for GirlsTraveling is always exciting for kids, and it’s even more exciting when they have a new outfit or two to wear while on vacation.
- Scrapbuster Hair Bow TutorialWith this fun scrapbuster project, you need less than one yard of fabric to create your giant bow!
- A Little Princess Upcycled NightieNot only does this simple tutorial deliver a much loved nightgown to your daughter, it teaches you how to upcycle a man's shirt to reduce waste in your home.
- Madeline's Yellow JacketMadeline's Yellow Jacket has a vintage Parisian feel that is so cute, you'll have the other parents knocking on your door for the pattern.
- How to Make a LeotardLet your little girl feel like a true ballerina and dancer when you make her this DIY leotard and easy tutu tutorial. This adorable sewing pattern for girls is perfect for a kiddo taking dance class or a little girl who just loves playing pretend. Learning How to Make a Leotard is surprisingly easy and your daughter or granddaughter is going to be delighted with the results. Plus, this free leotard pattern doubles as a how to make a tutu lesson as well.
Other Easy Sewing Projects for Girls
If your daughter needs a new pair of pants, a romper, or a nightgown, then you've come to the right place! These free sewing patterns for girls are perfect for any occasion and are a great way to add a little something extra to her school wardrobe. Plus, there's a fun Disney-inspired dress tutorial for any tiny Frozen fans.
- The Elsa DressThe Elsa Dress will undoubtedly be a huge hit if the recipient loves the movie that inspired it.
- Fleece Pants PatternIf you've been doing some sewing for kids and need some new ideas, try these comfy pants.
- The Sadie ShirtWith this five part sewing tutorial, you'll learn how to make The Sadie Shirt. This adorable top with buttons to match will look so cute on any child.
- Boy's Button Up Into Girl's Top With TieSave all the button up shirts you have because they can be transformed into something special and new!
- Aladdin PantsPick a fun fabric and follow the tutorial to make these genie style pants. Now all they need is a magic carpet ride!
- Romping Good Time RomperTutorials like this Romping Good Time Romper allow you to sew your own clothes without any anxiety.
- Ruffled Petti RomperRuffles and lace are just what you need to dress up your little girl the cutest way possible.
- Sew Girly Ruffle Shirt PatternWe guarantee your girls will love being the best dressed in their class with this trendy Sew Girly Ruffle Shirt Pattern.
- Printable Kids Shorts PatternsWhen the sun comes out and the weather gets warm, you find yourself scrambling to find a pair of shorts for kids that they can sport on sunny days.
- Breezy Bandana PantsFollow this guide to learn how to make pants out of old bandanas, a great upcycled clothing sewing project.
- Basic Knit DIY Tank TopLearn how to make a tank top that is comfortable, adorable, and perfect for the playground.
- How to Make Tutu PantsThese adorable pants can be made in less than 30 minutes using ready-made leggings and a dollar store tutu.
- Princess Print Kids PajamasThis sewing tutorial will show you how to make stylish Princess Print Kids Pajamas from flannel backed satin.
Best NEW Pattern!
- Vintage Lady Dress Pattern"Looking for a super easy beginner-friendly dress to sew for your little girl this Easter? Why not try the Vintage Lady Dress Pattern! This pattern comes in 3 sizes for your growing lady. It features a peter pan collar-accented bodice with a flare skirt. Within 2 hours, you can whip this dress up in no time for your little one. Have fun pairing the collar with your favorite cotton fabric for a classic design. This is the perfect dress to start learning how to sew clothes for your little lady."
Tired of finding patterns or tutorials you absolutely love and want to try only to find out that the blog post is simply a tutorial or a blurb about a project? Well, you’re in luck, because we have started to collect all of our printable sewing patterns into one place. 35+ Free Printable Sewing Patterns
What do you love to make for your granddaughter? Let us know below in the comments!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners