45 Free Printable Sewing Patterns
Don't break your budget on expensive sewing patterns and print off one of these free PDF patterns today!
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Tired of finding patterns or tutorials you absolutely love and want to try, only to find out that the blog post is simply a tutorial or a blurb about a project?
Do you often find projects you yearn to make and become increasingly frustrated with sewing ideas that don't come with free printable sewing patterns?
Well, you’re in luck, because we have started to collect all of our printable sewing patterns into one place. With this huge list of free sewing patterns pdf available for download, you'll be all set and ready to sew!
There are plenty of free printable sewing patterns for beginners, too, on this page of 45 Free Printable Sewing Patterns.
Skip the store-bought ideas, save some money, and delight in the best DIY ideas out there. There’s a ton of printable sewing patterns below, and we promise to keep adding more! Our page full of free patterns to download is sure to contain your next project.
All of the projects linked here come with downloadable sewing patterns that you can print out and use to create stunning pieces. Patterns from the store can be expensive!
Sign Up for Free Patterns
Table of Contents
Find printable dress patterns and much more in our giant list of free dress patterns for sewing! 75+ Free Dress Patterns for Sewing
Tips for Downloadable Sewing Patterns
Before checking out these printable sewing patterns, it's important to understand how to use downloadable sewing patterns. Obviously, most people don't have a printer at home capable of printing large pattern pieces like the patterns you purchase in the store.
Technology is an awesome solution to save money, but if you use it wrong, your sewing projects can turn out less than impressive.
The biggest tip for successfully sewing with printable sewing patterns is to follow the directions. Each pattern will tell you how to enlarge a pattern and to what degree in order to make it the correct size.
You can do this by downloading a PDF and doing it yourself or—if you are uncomfortable or confused—you can easily visit a print shop or office supply store and have them do it for you.
Free Sewing Patterns for Tops
Learn how to make a t-shirt or sweatshirt with one of these tops to sew. You'll find a cute raglan sleeve uniform top pattern, like the one shown, along with blazers, t-shirts, vintage, and modern designs.
- Summer Raglan Tee PatternTreat yourself to the perfect top for spring and summer with this printable pattern that's great for showing off gorgeous summer prints. This project is an easy way to update your warm weather wardrobe, and it comes with a printable pattern for size L.
- Long Sleeve T-Shirt PatternMake a basic long sleeve t-shirt pattern that will be a great staple to add to your wardrobe when you learn how to sew a shirt like this comfy idea. This is the kind of shirt that you will want to make several times.
- Spring Style Blazer PatternAdd a touch of elegance and attitude to your favorite outfit with this free sewing pattern that's completely business chic. This pattern shows you how to create a figure-flattering and lightweight blazer that's perfect for layering.
- Long Sleeve T-Shirt Pattern for WomenThis is such an easy DIY pattern that will help you create dozens of new tops with just a few modifications. Think about this pattern as an easy-to-use template for short- or long-sleeved knit tops, shift dresses, and more!
- Heather Sewn Top PatternThis is a free printable sewing pattern that comes in several sizes. This stylish project features a flared short sleeve and an A-line top. These features combine to create a casual and comfy top that's perfect for lazy days or nights out.
- Open Shoulder Blouse TutorialTransition from warm summer weather to cooler fall days with this perfect tutorial. This three-yards-or-less sewing project is a great way to make a top that's custom-fit for your body and shows a little skin without being too revealing.
- Jackie O. JacketWho doesn't love the impeccable style of Jackie O? She's such an icon and now you can make a jacket inspired by her. Make the Jackie O. Jacket and you'll be looking fashionable in a timeless piece. With velvet making the body of this DIY coat, you'll never be wanting for warmth or style. The striking shawl collar coupled with cuffed, three-quarter length sleeves make this an elegant piece that will turn heads every time you wear it.
- Summery Free T-Shirt PatternWelcome the summer sun with open (and bare) arms with this free how to make a t-shirt tutorial. It's time to tuck away your sweaters and long-sleeved tees and be comfy cool in summer tops to sew. This pattern comes with a downloadable PDF that allows you to make a t-shirt in sizes XS-XL, making it the perfect fit for any body shape.
- Open Back Top Vintage Sewing PatternUse vintage sewing patterns to create a gorgeous sewn top pattern that is extra flattering and surprisingly comfy. This neat retro top hangs beautifully on any body type and comes complete with a built-in panel, ensuring that you do not have to wear too many layers underneath. You will love making your own clothes inspired by 60s fashion when you sew up the Open Back Top Vintage Sewing Pattern. This free downloadable sewing pattern will take you an afternoon to create and requires several yards of fabric.
- 30 Minute Kimono Top Printable PatternThis easy beginner 30-minute kimono top is a perfect wardrobe staple for the fall season. It's an easy piece to make and even easier to wear! The PDF printable sewing pattern is available in sizes from 4 to 22 and includes a step-by-step beginner sewing tutorial to follow.
Printable Free Skirt Patterns and Dresses
There’s no reason to run out and buy an expensive dress pattern when we have printable sewing patterns right here on AllFreeSewing for you to check out. Our most popular type of free sewing patterns, skirts and dresses! Download these free skirt patterns and dress patterns for sewing and create wearables you will actually want to wear.
- Simply Audrey Skirt PatternThere's no argument that the classic circle skirt is flattering on every body type, as it makes the waist look smaller and hits right above the knee. Inspired by classic 50s silhouettes, this is the perfect skirt pattern to wear all year.
- Lazy Day Free Skirt PatternNo matter what your mom might have told you, skirts are not just for nice occasions. If you're looking for a wardrobe piece to help you beat the summer heat while you spend a lazy day at the local craft fair or even just stay in for the day, this pattern is the wearable for you!
- Fit and Flare Free Dress PatternThis dress pattern features a scooped neck, short sleeves, and flattering design lines that combine to make a flattering, comfy frock. Fitting tightly at the bust and flaring at the hips, this tutorial for how to sew a dress comes complete with a downloadable PDF pattern as well as a helpful video that will make sewing it easy-peasy.
- Good Vibrations Circle Skirt PatternWhether it's summer or fall, this skirt pattern is just the thing you need to add some punch to your outfit. Follow along with this circle skirt tutorial to start building an outfit that will capture everyone's attention.
- Bohemian Rhapsody Wrap Dress PatternThis summer, let yourself be spirited away with this on-trend dress. This free sewing pattern is the perfect way to give your wardrobe a stylish, beachy feel, even if you live miles from the shore.
- Fiona Dress PatternThis is an easy beginner dress project with a lovely outcome. The Fiona Dress has a fitted, knee-length bodice with a bust flounce to make it more feminine. The pattern covers sizes from 4 to 22.
- Boat Club Dress PatternDesign a gorgeous lightweight summer dress that doubles as a swimsuit coverup for those warm days spent at the beach with this free sewing pattern. This is the ultimate way to go from the beach to dinner, and it comes with a free printable pattern for sizes small to large.
- Raglan Free Dress PatternTurn a raglan shirt pattern into this cute dress with a few simple changes to the pattern. This will show you exactly how to sew a girl's dress pattern that your girl is going to love. This kid's clothing pattern is charming, comfy, and great for a school party or everyday outing.
- Comfy and Carefree Skirt PatternThe cold weather is here, and you're ready to upgrade your wardrobe to include warmer pieces. Look no further than this cozy, free skirt pattern for winter. Made out of snuggly fabric and looking extra cute, this skirt proves that your winter wardrobe doesn't have to be bulky to work for winter.
- Scarlet O'Hara Inspired Dress PatternThis DIY dress pattern could be considered either sweet or sexy, so choose what you think it should be named based on what you think. Learn how to make this for a special date with your special someone or even for a night out in the city with your girlfriends.
- T-Shirt Dress PatternThe t-shirt dress is the easiest outfit for summer. It's also the comfiest! Use this step-by-step tutorial to make your own t-shirt dress out of just two yards of knit fabric. In addition to the tutorial, there is a free printable PDF pattern for a size large t-shirt dress.
- Perfect Little Black Dress PatternThere's no piece of clothing as essential to every woman's wardrobe as the LBD, aka little black dress. Make a dress perfect for every occasion that fits your body like a dream with this perfect pattern.
- Perfect Beach Dress PatternThis is an A-line dress meant to be worn over your swimsuit. This will become your go-to dress for when you come back from the beach and need to stop by the store or for a quick dinner before going home.
- Bow Back Dress PatternWith warm summer weather, everyone's searching for the perfect summer sundress that looks hot and keeps them cool. Make a stunning summer dress full of charm with this dress pattern. This free dress pattern is perfect for warm summer days and is dressy enough for a night out on the town.
- Anne Dress PatternThis dress is a fitted princess seam dress with a below-the-knee, gathered skirt option. This pattern will work well with light and medium weight woven fabric.
- Tiered Maxi Skirt PatternThis maxi skirt pattern has 3 tiers and the option to have the bottom tier with horizontal or vertical stripes. If you're looking to add an elegant long skirt to your summer wardrobe, this would work perfectly.
- Lightweight Tank Dress PatternWhen the summer sun is shining down bright and hot, you're going to need something to wear that keeps you cool and covered. This pattern comes with a free printable PDF for most sizes.
- Printable DIY Maxi Dress Pattern and TutorialCreate a fabulous day-to-night dress with this tutorial! The best part about this sewing pattern is that you can print out the directions in order to draft your dress and follow the sewing tutorial. It'll only take you a couple hours to make, too.
Downloadable Sewing Patterns for Kids
Sewing for kids is much cheaper than buying for kids! Use up smaller scraps of fabric and make baby sewing patterns and wearables for kids. These printable sewing patterns are perfect for little ones!
- Isabella's Free Skirt PatternLearn how to sew a banded skirt for your girl when you sew up free skirt patterns like this too-cute girl's skirt pattern. This pattern shows you how to sew up adorable kid's clothes patterns in very little time.
- Wrap Dress PatternAny baby will look cute using this free sewing pattern. This dress pattern is great for little ones ages 2-3 years old. Equipped with a free printable pattern, easy-to-sew instructions, and the cutest design you ever did see when it comes to sewing for baby, this baby dress pattern would make a great birthday gift or big day free dress pattern for your girl.
- Summer Breeze Nightgown PatternTreat your little princess to a comfortable and lightweight nightgown that she'll love wearing to bed with this pattern. Made using less than a yard and a half of knit fabric, this free sewing pattern for girls is perfect for warm summer nights and will keep your little ones nice and cool while they sleep.
- Lua Sleep Sack for DollsLet your child tuck their baby doll in for the night with this doll-sized sleeping bag. This free printable pattern and detailed tutorial will help you create a sleep sack for dolls up to 22 inches tall. These instructions provide many options for customizing your DIY sleep sack.
- The Bigger and Better BibSimply print out the PDF of the pattern and follow the tutorial steps to complete your baby bib. These baby bibs make a great present for an expecting family because they are practical and yet also beautiful.
- Printable Kids Shorts PatternsWhen the sun comes out and the weather gets warm, you find yourself scrambling to find a pair of shorts for kids that they can sport on sunny days. These shorts come in a variety of sizes and are easily customized to fit your kids style. This free shorts pattern comes with a printable PDF pattern and requires half a yard of fabric to create.
- Fleece Pants PatternIf you've been doing some sewing for kids and need some new ideas, try these comfy pants. This pattern is a great way to make your own clothes that fit the needs of your growing kids. The best thing about learning how to make pants for kids is that you can save a ton of money and make sure the pants fit perfectly.
- Printable Girls Peplum TopLooking for a new and stylish look for your girl? If so, check out this top! This trendy little pattern is printable, easy to make, and entirely unique. Some trends for adults look absolutely silly on little ones, but this one is just too cute!
- Free Superhero Cape and Printable AppliquesLearn how to make a superhero cape with this easy sewing project for beginners. Including several free applique designs to complete the look, the pattern uses under one yard of fabric and can be created in one afternoon.
- One Yard Baby TunicBaby clothes patterns are easy, quick sewing projects that never take up too much fabric. Skip buying baby duds at the store and make this tunic instead. This adorable little top to sew is easy-to-make, a great baby shower gift, and too cute to pass up.
Free Printable Sewing Patterns for Bags and Purses
DIY bags and purses will last you much longer and can be even more stylish than the ones you pay a pretty penny for in the store. These printable patterns are easy to follow and will make it easier for you to pick back up again if you sew one of these bags over the course of a few weeks.
- The Lauren Bag PatternYou can never have enough bags in your handmade collection! Add this to your next project list. Made with sturdy canvas and fleece interfacing, this bag is sure to be your favorite go-to accessory this spring.
- Winter Garden Purse PatternMake a purse that'll add some green to the gray skies and cold snowy days of winter this season. This charming printable purse pattern shows you how to make a jumbo purse that's easy to organize and extra sturdy.
- Fabulous Fringe Bag PatternPerfect for a weekend of crafting, this bag is a texture-lover's dream. Adding this free purse pattern to your wardrobe will quickly add a DIY bag that can add some seriously wonderful wow factor to your accessorizing.
- Summer Satchel Free Bag PatternLearn how to make a bag you'll want to carry all summer when you make this easy DIY bag idea. The best thing about free bag patterns is that they come in all different sizes. This particular bag is a big one. The jumbo size of this easy sewing project makes a great go-to summer bag.
- Upcycled Pink Pocket PurseMake this cute spring purse with tied handles and lined front and back pockets! Learn how to make a handbag with this pattern, which includes printable templates to help you cut fabric to the proper size and shape.
- Check Me Out Library Tote PatternDesign a classic and roomy tote bag that's perfect for hauling library books, toys, and all of your other necessities with this pattern. This free tote bag pattern uses a half yard of fabric to create a quick and simple bag that's great for running to the library or for a stop at your local farmer's market.
- Fat Quarter Wallet PatternLearn how to sew a wallet that makes a great gift. With free wallet patterns like this, you don’t need to struggle with figuring out what to give a loved one. Simply use this wallet pattern to create a handmade trinket and tuck a favorite gift card inside.
Be the envy of all your friends with any of these patterns to sew purses. It's so much fun to design your own handbags that you'll constantly be working on your next great purse project. If you've never made one before, you've come to the right place because these awesome patterns will teach you how to sew a purse. 50+ Purse Sewing Patterns
Our Exclusive Sewing Projects >>
Which of these sewing patterns will you print out first?
Let us know below in the comments!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 45 Free Printable Sewing Patterns
- 1930s Sewing Patterns
- Quick Pockets for T-Shirts
- 75+ Free Dress Patterns for Sewing
- Make Your Own Lingerie Guide
- 19 Free Vest Sewing Patterns
- 500+ Tutorials for Making Your Own Clothes
- 30+ American Girl Doll Sewing Patterns
- 12 of the Ugliest Christmas Sweaters
- Ten Minute Pillowcase Apron
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Fabric Postcards
- Diy Christmas Tree Ornament -2 Free Templates
- Diy Pull Up Fabric Bows
- Free Mama Claus Apron Pattern
- Ripstop Reusable Grocery Bag
- Fabric Christmas Tree Ornament
- Fuzzy Fleece Infinity Scarf
- Fabric Ribbon Candy Ornament
- Yoyo Christmas Tree Ornaments
- Mini Mitten Ornaments
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners