19+ Vest Sewing Patterns
Learn how to make a vest! Whether you're searching for a winter vest or something for a special occasion, you'll love these free vest patterns!
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
There is not an accessory quite as versatile as the vest. Learning how to make a vest will teach you how to make a clothing piece that you can wear during any season and during just about any season.
This page, 19+ Vest Sewing Patterns, has styles that look just as smart during the cold months, too.
Add a layer of cozy and a hint of chic when you add a free vest pattern to your wardrobe. A DIY vest pattern looks fantastic over a tank in the summer for a touch of warmth when the sun goes down.
No matter the kind of sewn vest pattern you are on the hunt for, we have the DIY vest pattern for you! Scroll down to explore the many options for making a vest. You’re going to want to sew all of them.
Everyone in your family will find a reason to sport a free vest pattern. Kids will love the extra freedom of having their arms free while teenagers will love the chance to layer.
Sweaters and vests layered atop skinny jeans and boots have been a huge trend in the last few years that seems to be sticking.
Make sure you are on-trend and save money by making a DIY option with these free vest patterns. From work-out hoodies for your man to a ruffly decorative piece for yourself, all of the how to make a vest tutorials below come with their own something special.
Free Vest Patterns for Adults
Learn how to make a vest for the grown-ups in your family with these ideas. A stylish vest can make or break an outfit. Don’t go on without having one in your wardrobe. You'll spot diy vest sewing patterns for women as well as men.
This section includes vest patterns for exercise, casual everyday wear, chilly outside wear, and more. We love every one of these styles because they are trend-setting and unique. You'll be sure to turn heads with any of these.
Isn't this Fall Jacket to Vest Refashion shown awesome? It's a great way to upcycle an old coat. That way, you know the fabric already works with outdoor conditions.
- Hoodie Vest
This vest comes with a hoodie, which is necessary if you want to go for a run on a gloomy or questionable day for weather. Wear it with or without a shirt.
- Easy Ruffled Vest
This vest is stylish and elegant. Wear this to school, work, or out on a date. No need to buy a vest when you can DIY your own.
- Sweater Vest With Faux Fur Makeover
If you like a touch of faux fur, then this upcycled vest pattern is perfect for you. The collar is lined with eclectic faux animal fur.
- Tory Burch-Inspired Vest
This fabulous faux fur vest is inspired by designer Tory Burch but it certainly doesn't come with the high fashion price tag.
- One Hour Funky Fringe Vest
Fringe is in. Be part of the trend by making this groovy and quick vest pattern. Since it's so fast to make, make a few.
- Reversible Waistcoat in Any Size
This free waistcoat pattern is reversible! Choose your two favorite fabrics and thus more options in your closet.
- Luxe Autumn Vest Tutorial
Wrap yourself up in style this fall with a gorgeous piece of outerwear that doubles as a vest and a scarf. With thistutorial, you can design a warm and cozy vest that looks stylish and effortless in no time at all.
If you are looking for even more how to make clothes ideas, check out 30 Wardrobe Refashion Projects + 14 Ideas for the Whole Family
Free Child Vest Sewing Patterns
Don’t let the kids feel left out when it comes to the vest-making trend. Learn how to make a vest that's perfect for your little one.
In this section, you can find a kid's vest pattern you'll want for your children in this section.
These ideas are perfect for your kids and they are going to adore each and every free vest pattern shown here. Like this Baby DIY Faux Fur Vest! Not only is it the ideal size for a toddler, it is super trendy and chic.
If you look at the patterns in this section, you will find more hip vest sewing patterns for both boys and girls. Dress your little boy to the nines with these fancy vest patterns or casual with a less dramatic style.
- The Boy Vest
This is the quintessential boy's vest indeed. It's simple but has those masculine or boyish elements, like pinstripes and argyle.
- Cuddlebug DIY Faux Fur Vest
Keep your little one warm and looking like the queen of the playground with one vest pattern. This faux fur vest is a cute addition to any kids wardrobe.
- Prep School Boys Vest Pattern
Learn how to make a vest that is the epitome of fashion and style. This vest for boys looks professionally-made but isn't!
- Dapper Dan Vest
Wow, this vest is smoking. Your little boy is going to stun at weddings, parties, or school picture day. Make matching pants to put it all together.
- Girl's Faux Shearling Vest Pattern
Shearling makes clothing nice and toasty as well as adds pretty texture. Pair the shearling with animal print for this vest.
- Wild Wild West Vest
This country western style costume vest pattern is great for playtime after school or for Halloween. It's so cool.
- Matching Dinosaur Shirt and Vest
This free vest sewing pattern comes with a tutorial for a matching shirt, too. Your little boy is going to look so put together at school in this ensemble.
- Upcycled Boys Vest Pattern
Isn't this little vest cute? This upcycled sewing project is perfect for those of us who have old clothing that can be repurposed for vests.
- Kids’ Hooded Vest Pattern
This free kids' vest pattern has a zipper closure and customizable thickness. Add batting between your quilted fabric exterior and minky fabric interior for extra warmth, or keep it light for a more breathable accessory.
- How to Upcycle A Sweater for Kids
This tutorial shows you how to use an old adult sweater to create some cute kids' vest to wear any time of year. It's a great upcycle that will save you money when your children grow out of clothing so quickly!
Keep the whole family warm this winter by checking out our collection of free jacket and coat patterns! How to Sew a Jacket: 40 Patterns to Keep You Warm
Sweater Sewing Patterns >>>
Which of these vests is your favorite?
Let us know below in the comments!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
- 45 Free Printable Sewing Patterns
- 75+ Free Dress Patterns for Sewing
- Make Your Own Lingerie Guide
- 500+ Tutorials for Making Your Own Clothes
- 200+ Sewing Projects for Beginners
- Comfortably Bold Shirt Refashion Pattern
- Fashion of the 1950s: 41 Vintage Sewing Projects
- 19 Free Vest Sewing Patterns
- 30+ American Girl Doll Sewing Patterns
- 38 Modern Sewing Patterns for Women
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Tips To Sew A Face Mask
- How To Add A Faux Button Placket To A Skirt
- 35 Zero Waste Sewing Ideas (Reusable Products!)
- A Message from the Editors of AllFreeSewing
- 10+ Patterns for Face Masks
- Headband Pattern
- Darn Good Yarn Fat Quarter Storage Bag
- Child Size Face Mask
- Diy Mask - Free Face Mask Pattern
- No Sew Diy Mask - Duct Tape To The Rescue
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners