This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Kids Drawstring Backpack
"A kids drawstring backpack is such an easy and fun make! It's a fabulous birthday present, a christmas (or other holiday) present and a perfect Back To School project. You don't need a lot of fabric to make a kids drawstring backpack, it's the perfect excuse to use those fat quarters that you have laying. Simply combine it with some heavier weight cotton and there you go! Follow the easy step to step photo tutorial to make your perfect kids drawstring backpack. "
NotesEnjoy this pattern!! Xx
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- 33 x 40 cm canvas (back, outer bag)
- 33 x 11 cm canvas (strip top front)
- 33 x 31 cm heavy cotton with a cute print (bottom, front)
- 33 x 40 cm heavy cotton (2x lining bag)
- 32 x 5 cm heavy cotton (2x for the tunnels)
- 30 cm twill tape
- 3.5 meter string (like shoelace, sewn up biais tape or a firm and soft ribbon of some sort)
- Matching thread.
Read NextFat Quarter Crafting Aprons