This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Watercolor Rainbow Pillow
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"When I was pregnant – well, even before I was pregnant – I thought about how much fun it would be to learn what my child loved and then fill their world with that thing, you know? Just support whatever it was they couldn't get enough of. At age 2, Miles has a couple of those: basketball, horses, ballet, and rainbows. And it's just as much fun as I thought it would be to watch him walk wide-eyed into the Basketball Hall of Fame, to ride perched atop a somnolent pony at the fair, to point out a rainbow arching over our house. I wanted to get him a stuffed rainbow toy for Christmas last year, and found this one on Amazon, but it seemed a little pricey. My friend Katy had been doing watercolor painting on fabric, so I decided to make my own for Miles. "
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Sewn byBoth Hand and Machine
- 1/8 yard cotton muslin
- 1/8 yard felt
- Watercolor paints
- Fabric medium
- Foam brush
- Decorative trim (optional)
Read NextThe Elsa Dress
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
The Pink Blush Scalloped DIY Dress will make you look and feel so feminine and chic. This dress was inspired by a similar one from… Continue reading: "Pink Blush Scalloped DIY Dress"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Barbie Top Pattern For Beginners
- Rainbow Sewing: 32 Colorful Projects to Sew
- Charming Pastel Half Square Mini Quilt Pattern
- Diy Farmer's Market Tote
- Temperature Quilt
- 3 Way Bag
- Sunglasses Case Sewing Pattern
- Free Tiered Dress Sewing Pattern
- How To Make Curtains
- Diy Reusable Sweeper Pads
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners