We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
I'm Jo Avery, and this blog is all about sharing the things I make. My sister, Jane, taught me to sew when I was 6 years old (a squirrel made out of our old curtains), and I spent a large part of my childhood making toys, knitting, and from the age of 10, English paper piecing with hexagons (though I just called it patchwork then!).
When I was 21 I decided to start my own business designing and producing tapestry kits. I didn't really know what I was doing but with the help of my boyfriend, Jonathan, (who knew a bit more than me) it worked and Cleopatra's Needle was born.
After I married Jonathan, I sold Cleopatra's Needle and joined a local quilt group, where I started making quilts for friends and family. In 2009, I discovered a strong blogger community online and, with the help of my sons, started up my own blog, myBearpaw. I would still classify myself as primarily a quilter but I am always crocheting too and in the last few years have become very interested in embroidery, and even knitting has made a comeback.
Projects on AllFreeSewing:
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 38 Thanksgiving Sewing Projects for the Family
- My First Sewing Machine: Tips From Our Readers
- Fairfield Pillow Inserts
- Scrappy DIY Grocery Bag Pattern
- Remona's Reversible Tote Bag
- Oversize DIY Shirt
- Ruffle Blouse
- Know Your Skirts Guide [Infographic]
- Know Your Bras Guide [Infographic]
- Rustic Holiday Sewing Tutorials: 46 Country Christmas Sewing Projects
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners