This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
How to Make Fabric Labels at Home
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"Here is my tested method for making fabric labels at home! These labels will be washable and durable. This method is great for making labels for handmade items of clothing or even for your handmade items in general. It's very cost effective to make your own labels if you are starting your own little handmade sewing business, as you can customize the labels to have anything you want on them. I even show you a little hack for making custom one of a kind labels as well!"
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
- Heat Transfer Paper
Wax paper or baking paper
- Cotton (twill tape) tape or ribbon
Publishing program (I use Microsoft Word)
- Heat Proof surface
Read Next50+ Sewing Crafts That Sell Well
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 50+ Sewing Crafts That Sell Well
- DIY Fabric Organization for the Frugal Minded
- Three Different Ways to Hem Knits
- 14+ Unconventional Sewing Tools
- What is a Placket in Sewing?
- Couture Sewing Techniques
- Best Fabric for Skirts
- How to Fix Runs in Tights
- Know Your Pants Guide [Infographic]
- Know Your Skirts Guide [Infographic]
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 31 Easy Sew Bookmarks
- Make Pom Pom Pillows
- Mens Pajama Shorts With Pockets
- Krista West from Avlea Folk Embroidery
- 25+ Anna & Elsa Costume DIYs + Frozen Costume Patterns
- Common and Traditional Embroidery Stitches [Infographic]
- Simple Peplum Top
- How To Cut Pants Into Shorts
- Easy Diy Towel Poncho For Kids
- Drawn Thread Hem Stitch Finish Tutorial
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners