Sewing With Flannel: Tips You Need To Know
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"Flannel has to be on the list of almost everyone's favorite fabrics. It is soft and fuzzy and makes you think of cuddling up by the fireplace in pj's. It is readily available at nearly any fabric shop and overall is a great, low-cost affordable fabric to sew with. It also has a few wacky properties to it when it comes to sewing. So hang on if you are ready to give sewing with flannel a go, and check out these MUST HAVE TIPS FOR SEWING WITH FLANNEL FABRIC. Did you know that the quality of flannel you are sewing with can make a big difference? Say what? Generally, the more expensive the flannel, the higher thread count. Often it is double-sided and will last longer and pill less. It also tends to fray less and shrinks less. I am a big fan of the Flannels made by Robert Kaufman Fabrics. I have found them to be nice and thick, they hold up well, have minimal pilling and are nicer to work with since the weave is a little tighter. Lower quality flannels have a lower thread count which means they will stretch and distort far easier. They also do not tend to hold up to wear very well. "
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy Scrunchies 3 Ways!
- Diy Bookmark
- How to Sew Slippery Fabric
- Pincushion Pattern : Pin Girls
- Free Pillow Sham Pattern
- Quilted Table Runner Pattern For Spring
- Nine Patch Tutorial
- How To Make Scrunchies From T-shirts
- 12+ Star Wars Sewing Patterns
- No-sew Lovebug Hoodie
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners