20+ Patterns to Make Dish Towels
Find the perfect easy update for your kitchen with these simple sewing projects for beginners!
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Every kitchen needs dish towels and with your sewing skills and this collection of patterns to make dish towels, you can make them yourself. Why not make dish towels that are super cute and crafty? Add a pop of color to your kitchen and make a useful kitchen accessory at the same time. If you've got little ones running around, dish towels can often fall on the kitchen floor. To solve this problem, follow the Stay Put Kitchen Towel Tutorial so you can be sure your kitchen dish towels are always in the right place.
You could also make something like the Tie-On Dish Towels and have dish towels with ties. Crafts using dish towels are easy and fun to make. With some simple direction, sewists of all skill levels can make these kitchen aids. With the 20+ Patterns to Make Dish Towels collection, you won't have to go searching for great dish towel patterns.
Plus, don't miss this video on the Sewn Hanging Dish Towel Pattern from our craft studio!
Table of Contents
For more home sewing projects, download our free eBook, 8 Easy Sewing Projects for the Home: Free Sewing Patterns for Home Decor. 8 Easy Sewing Projects for the Home: Free Sewing Patterns for Home Decor
Patterns to Make Dish Towels
- Time for Tea Dish Towel TutorialAdd some English charm to your kitchen with this adorable Time for Tea Dish Towel Tutorial. With this easy sewing tutorial, you can transport any guests to the English countryside just in time for tea!
- Dish Towels and ClothsThis is a simple way to dress up ordinary dish cloths. It is only going to take you minutes to learn how to sew the perfect accent piece for your kitchen.
- Triple Border Dish TowelsWith three major colorways in one kitchen accessory, these dish towels will grab anyone's attention, including your own.
- Dishtowel Potholder TutorialThe Dishtowel Potholder Tutorial will lead you through all the necessary steps to making this thrifty and useful craft. The end result is a decorative potholder for your kitchen.
- Give your kitchen Christmas style with these Retro Christmas Dishcloths. This is an easy Christmas sewing project that makes a wonderful hostess gift.
- Sketchy Retro Bicycle DishtowelFor a teacher or hostess gift with a lot of personality, create this Sketchy Retro Bicycle Dishtowel. You might not think kitchen dish towels would make a great gift, but this vintage project is both lovely and unique.
- Mason Jar Dish Towel PatternMason jar crafts are insanely popular and present right now but we promise you've never seen one this adorable and useful at the same time.
- Embellished Dish TowelDish towels do the dirty work, but they can still look beautiful. Try making this Embellished Dish Towel to add a stylish touch to your kitchen.
- Amazing Amish DIY Dish TowelIf you have a country theme in your kitchen, you are going to go absolutely wild for this clever, DIY dish towel sewing pattern. This colorful and quick sewn dish towel will look cute in any kitchen, if even you're a city slicker.
- Eco-Friendly DIY Tea TowelsMake a set of Eco-Friendly DIY Tea Towels that will look gorgeous in your kitchen when you check out this sewing tutorial for beginners.
- Pretty Windows DishtowelAre your boring dishtowels getting you down? Do you adore kitchen crafts?Take a peek at this Pretty Windows Dishtowel! Kitchen towel crafts like this can brighten up your living space in no time!
Hanging Dish Towel Patterns
- Buttoned Hanging Kitchen TowelThis Buttoned Hanging Kitchen Towel will make an adorable addition to any kitchen. These hanging kitchen towels can loop around any drawers or handles in your kitchen, so they're always within easy access.
- Stay Put Kitchen Towel TutorialFor anyone that's fed up with the kitchen towels always ending up on the floor, the Stay Put Kitchen Towel Tutorial will show you how to fix the problem.
- Tie On Dish TowelsChoose fabrics, patterns, and colors that go perfectly with your kitchen decor, then affix them to your favorite dish towels to add an extra flair to your kitchen that your family and friends will be sure to notice (and compliment).
- Dish Towels That Stay PutWhen you're in the kitchen, you always need a dish towel handy. With the Dish Towels That Stay Put, you won't have to look for what you need.
- Ruffled Hanging Dish TowelThe Ruffled Hanging Dish Towel is the perfect accessory for your home during the winter season.
DIY Kitchen Dish Towels
- Liberty Tea Towel TutorialAdd a soft touch of spring elegance to your kitchen this year with this simple and luxurious Liberty Tea Towel Tutorial.
- Rick Rack Dish TowelsThe Rick Rack Dish Towels make for a simple sewing project that really adds to your kitchen. Let the easy instructions show you how to embellish a set of dish towels to make your kitchen look cute and cozy.
- Patchwork Dish TowelWith fun patchwork, these dish towels aren't your standard cloths for the kitchen. Instead, you can add some of your artistic flair to this sewing project.
- Matching Towel and Hot Pad TutorialUse the Matching Towel and Hot Pad Tutorial to create several of these adorable sets. They make for special gifts for friends and family.
- Shabby Hearts and Ruffles Dish TowelShabby Hearts and Ruffles Dish Towel is a cute Valentines' Day sewing project. The ruffles are easier to make than you think.
- Vintage French DishtowelsGive your dish towels a French flair with this beginner's embroidery pattern. All you have to buy is the towels and the fabric to sew on to them.
- Cute Sushi Dish TowelYou can use old fabric scraps and baby cloth diapers to make this Cute Sushi Dish Towel for all your cleaning purposes.
- Patriotic Summer Ruffles Set DishtowelSew a charming scene onto boring white cotton dish towels, and add some intrigue to your summer kitchen.
- No-Sew Nautical Kitchen TowelIf your kitchen is a seaside of beach theme, you absolutely need this nautical craft idea.
- Fab Feathered DIY Dish TowelsIf you are looking to add some pizazz to your kitchen, consider using this easy sewing project. The bright colors, hip patterns, and lovely design really make your kitchen look unique.
- Simply Scrappy Dish TowelThis Simply Scrappy Dish Towel is the scrapbusting project you need to make something great while cutting down on the mess.
Our Newest DIY Dish Towel!
Spruce up your kitchen with this super cute Sewn Hanging Dish Towel Pattern. Not only are these great for hanging on your oven in your kitchen, but they are also super practical for kitchen use. These DIY towels look cute, and are made with actual dish towels, so that they are good for using around the kitchen. Plus, if you have an abundance of dish towels, and aren't really sure what to do with them anymore this dish towel pattern is a great place to start. Just check out the sewing video to see how easy it is to recreate this pattern!
If you love crafting for the kitchen, check out 25+ Kitchen Projects: How to Make Potholders! How to Make Potholders: 25+ Hot Pad Patterns
Do you prefer cute dishtowels or practical patterns? Let us know below in the comments!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- Two-Handed Casserole DIY Pot Holder
- Amazing Amish DIY Dish Towel
- 53 Free Mug Rug Patterns and Placemat Patterns
- How to Make Potholders: 25+ Hot Pad Patterns
- 20+ Patterns to Make Dish Towels
- 6 Free Casserole Carrier Patterns + 16 Other Food Transport Ideas
- Darling DIY Chair Bows
- Beautiful Bowl Cover Tutorial
- Sewn Hanging Dish Towel Pattern
- Gorgeous Table Runner Patterns: 17 DIY Table Runner Tutorials
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- What is a Serger?
- Pencil Case with Lining
- Mini Infinity Scarf
- Science Lovers Periodic Table of the Elements Quilt
- Fashionable Travel Bag
- Small Backpack Pattern for Small Budgets
- Farm Girl Recycled Jeans Apron
- Refashion Shorts into a Skirt
- When You Wish....Baby Mat
- Make a Hexagon Storage Pouch
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners