9 Free Casserole Carrier Patterns + More Food Transport Ideas
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
You're headed to a party or family gathering and you have to bring a dish. Instead of worrying about your dish staying warm, fresh, and ready to eat, just sew a casserole carrier! In this collection, you'll find the best casserole carrier sewing patterns out there. You can use this handy accessory each and every time you bring food somewhere else. Whether you're going to a pot luck party or a picnic, these casserole totes are great tools to easily transport hot or cold dishes. Create any of the patterns in this collection for a handy sewing project you'll use again and again.
Plus, we also have 24 more great ideas for other ways to carry and store your food. From lunch bag sewing patterns that you can take to work and store in the employee fridge, to reusable snack bag patterns for the kids' school lunches, to bread bags and silverware pouches—we've got a little of everything! The possibilities are endless with these easy sewing patterns for food transport and storage.
Table of Contents
Don't forget the casserole recipes! This free eCookbook includes some terrific slow cooker recipes that will feed you from morning to night. 14 Slow Cooker Casseroles Free eCookbook
Free Casserole Carrier Patterns
- Casserole and Pie CarrierThis the perfect tote for holidays and events. If you're showing up somewhere with a homemade dish, you'll want to keep it warm and ready to eat. With this free casserole carrier pattern, you won't have to worry about your hard work in the kitchen going to waste.
- Placemat Casserole CarrierTurn an ordinary placemat into something new! Whenever you need to take a cooked dish somewhere, this casserole cozy will be so useful. Plus, it's easy and fun to make! Be sure to sew one before your next potluck.
- Cozy ToterIf you're traveling with a dish, you'll want to keep the food warm until it's time to eat. With this casserole carrier pattern, you'll have a great sewing project that's as useful as it is easy to make.
- Casserole ToteEveryone needs a handy casserole tote for family gatherings and parties. This casserole carrier pattern features fabric handles and easy-to-open flaps. The strap also makes this easy casserole carrier pattern even easier to bring on the go.
- Casserole CarrierLooking for a free casserole carrier pattern? This one will come in handy for potluck dinners, events, and parties. The solid handle makes it so easy to take anywhere.
- Insulated Casserole CarrierYou'll find yourself needing an insulated casserole carrier at some point this summer. With all the picnics and parties coming up, don't get caught without the proper casserole carrier. Whether you're carrying a cold or hot dish, this craft will help you keep it at the optimal temperature.
- One Size DIY Casserole CarrierIf you want to avoid creating a dozen carriers to fit all of your different-sized casserole dishes, make this one-size-fits-all carrier. This free sewing pattern wraps up your dish like a present, allowing you to tighten it around just about any size container.
- This is a great way to carry hot dishes to potluck dinners, barbecues, and even picnics. It's simple to make and can be a great scrap buster too.
- Casserole Carrier Free PDF PatternThis would be perfect for taking your favorite hot dishes to parties and gatherings. With insulated sides, snaps, and a zipper, your casserole will stay warm, safe, and secure until you reach your final destination.
Other Food Transport Ideas
- 5 Minute Bread BagCheck out this bag sewing tutorial to learn how to sew a bag that will keep all your homemade bread fresh. Bags like this are easy to make and will keep your bread fresh no matter where you go.
- Super Quick Insulated Loaf PanThis adorable and easy sewing project makes it a breeze to carry a warm loaf of bread to and fro. Created out of a dishtowel, this is a creative must-have kitchen sewing craft. Consider creating this as a hostess gift or sewing one up as a gift for a brand new homeowner. You could easily use this technique to create an insulated cover for any size pan, as well.
- Rustic Burlap Silverware PouchesIf your table-scape looks gorgeous but is lacking one final touch, dive into a simple sewing project like this one to add the final detail to your display. One-third of a yard of burlap yields eight lovely DIY pouches that will infuse the perfect amount of rustic charm to your place settings. When your friends file in to enjoy their tea and appetizers, they'll all inquire admiringly after these table accessories.
- Beautiful Bowl Cover TutorialPotlucks bring people together, but this bowl cover will make your potluck dish stand out from the rest. No plastic wrap or foil required! The bugs outside won't be flocking to your food, but the people will.
- Convenient Cutlery Storage RollImagine not having to clean and polish your silverware every time you take it out. Just tuck your cutlery safely away in a minimum-hassle, maximum-storage solution.
- Easy Bread BagSome bread won't fit in your fridge or freezer, but you don't want to just leave on the counter either. Sew this easy bread bag for a fun and sanitary way to store your bread.
- Insulated Grocery Bag PatternStop worrying about your ice cream melting on the way home from the grocery store. This insulated DIY grocery bag is perfect for bringing home those frozen items or packing a picnic for family outings.
- This tutorial will make trips to grandma's house so much easier. You'll thank yourself for whipping up a few of these pie carriers. Customize it to fit pie plates and other dishes of any size. This easy sewing idea would also make the perfect gift, especially if a delicious pie comes with it!
- Padded DIY Wine BagThanks to these accessible instructions, any level sewist can whip up a wine bottle cozy to present as an appropriate hostess gift. Thanks to your clever homemade gift idea, you'll be the toast of the evening when everyone enjoys your offering.
- Cutlery Zip BagIf you pack your own lunches for work, or if you pack your kids' lunches for school, this little bag is perfect for you. Now you can pack some cutlery to go and keep it all in one place. It's lined with waterproof fabric just in case there's nowhere to wash up.
DIY Lunch Bags & Snack Packs
- Snack BagsSnack bags are always useful when dining on the go. Make your own to use and reuse for a green alternative to ziploc bags.
- This tutorial will teach you how to make an awesome, reusable, machine-washable snack bag that you can use over and over. Whether you're packing a sandwich lunch or need a place to store your snacks, this snack bag is the perfect size.
- Lunch Tote with HandlesBe thrifty by bringing your own lunch to school and work in this lunch tote. This simple fat quarter tote bag is a great and practical project for just about anyone, and it is an easy tote to make.
- 15 Minute Fabric Lunch WrapIn just fifteen minutes, you can make a sewn project that's good for the environment and for your wallet! Stop spending money on plastic sandwich bags and instead pack lunches in this.
- Mini Quilt Lunch SackSince you can turn a lovely mini quilt into anything, why not create something beautiful and useful? This project requires little fabric and time, but results in a lunch tote that's great for your midday meal on the go.
- Clear As Day Vinyl Lunch BagWhether you make this DIY lunch tote for a grade-schooler or an adult, it's incredibly helpful. Not only can you save a boatload of cash by substituting disposable paper bags with this one, you can easily control messy spills thanks to the vinyl body of this bag.
- Insulated Bag TutorialThis fabulous tutorial is a great way to sew your own lunch bag. This reusable lunch tote is an easy, inexpensive way to ensure that your children go to school or to play in style.
- Reusable Fabric Sandwich and Snack BagsThese are not only good for the environment, but they are also adorable and budget-friendly. Follow this tutorial to learn how to make reusable snack bags that will add smiles to lunchtime. They include large flaps with Velcro fasteners for convenient use.
- Kitchen on the GoFollow along with this free, easy sewing pattern and learn how to make a kitchen on the go, which includes a reusable sandwich bag and snack bag for environmentally friendly lunching.
- Mushroom or Owl Lunch SackThe kids will love this adorable sewn craft! This is a fun, whimsical way to go green and save all those plastic baggies.
- If you like to bring your lunch to work but hating toting a whole extra bag around, this easy sewing pattern is going to change your life. Expertly designed with separate compartments and insulated to keep everything cool and safe, this free lunch bag pattern can easily be tossed into your purse each morning, making it a hands-free endeavor.
- Stylish Insulated Lunch BagInstead of wasting paper bags when packing your own meals and snacks, make this stylish, reusable bag part of your lunch ensemble. It's also large enough to bring your lunch, snack, water bottle, and maybe even your current read.
- Reusable Sandwich BagsCloth sandwich bags are the perfect addition to your summer picnic because they won't pollute the environment. You'll love how you can wipe your reusable sandwich bags clean after a picnic or just a typical day at work.
- Reusable Waterproof Snack Bag TutorialThis quick and easy snack bag tutorial creates a cute, practical, and fun snack baggie that's also waterproof, reusable, and food-safe. It's also super-easy to clean with just a damp cloth.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
The Purse Frame Coin Purse Pattern is one of those easy sewing projects you do not want to miss. Use a single fat quarter to learn how… Continue reading: "Purse Frame Coin Purse Pattern"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- All About Bobbins
- Make A Square Hem Circle Skirt
- Mini Felt Mermaid Softie + Free Pattern
- Face Mask Sewing Pattern With Neck Band
- Diy Face Mask Without Sewing Machine
- Easy Way To Apply Bias Tape To A V-neck Tutorial
- Circus Monkey Felt Book Page
- Graffiti Dress Free Sewing Pattern
- Diy Reusable Kitchen Towels
- Fall Leaves Coasters
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners