This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Quilted Linen Burp Cloth
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"I have a surplus of black linen that was once destined to be a jumpsuit and now...I don't know yet! In the meantime, I used part of it to sew a burp cloth for a friend's beautiful new baby. I pre-washed and dried the fabric, then cut two rectangles that were 9" x 21" and sewed around the edges, leaving an opening of approximately 5". I clipped the corners and turned the burp cloth inside out through the opening (using a knitting needle to get the corners nice and pointy), then ironed it flat and top-stitched around the whole thing. After that I freehanded a repeating running stitch with white embroidery thread. Then I washed and dried it once more, leaving it a bit puckered and lovely. "
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Sewn byBoth Hand and Machine
Read NextOne Yard Baby Tunic
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Simple Ornate Celestial Quilt Pattern
- Denim Halloween Hanging Pockets
- Diy Simple Scrunchy - A Simple Sewing Project
- Favorite Fast Four Patch Quilt Pattern For Beginners
- How To Sew Fabric Bows
- Free Pumpkin Sewing Pattern
- How To Make A Quilt From Start To Finish 8 Easy Steps
- Witch Hat Halloween Table Runner Quilt Pattern
- September 2023 Mystery Sew Along
- 10 Minutes Hand Warmers
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners