75+ Free Baby Sewing Patterns You'll Adore
Treat your little one to something special with this list of sewing patterns for baby!
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
If you love creating homemade baby gifts, here are 75+ Free Baby Sewing Patterns You'll Adore. From diaper bags and onesies to baby blankets galore, there's so much to choose from in this collection of cute baby gift ideas!
For more traditional new baby gift ideas, check out the personalized Applique Baby Blanket in the list below. If you're looking for more unique baby craft ideas, the Monogram Taggie or the Polka Dots Crib Mobile are great options (both below).
And for any beginner sewers out there, we've also included some easy baby patterns like this Burp Cloth and the Personalized Nap Towel below.
Whichever of these patterns you choose, you're sure to make something both baby and mommy will adore.
New moms, sewists looking to make baby shower gifts, and everyone in between are going to love this collection of free baby sewing patterns. From diaper bag patterns to baby blanket ideas, this collection has it all.
Sign Up for Free Patterns
PLUS! Don't miss our video on How to Sew a Baby Hem! And if you're throwing a baby shower, be sure to check out this guide for How to Host a Baby Shower from our sister site AllFreeHolidayCrafts!
Table of Contents
Baby Blanket Sewing Patterns
One of the best baby craft ideas is a simple but beautiful blanket. DIY baby blankets are some of the best baby shower gifts around because they're quick sewing projects that can be made in no time. These baby sewing projects will keep baby warm and snuggly while also helping to decorate the little one's new room.
Mommy will be able to snuggle up for a nap with baby and one of these soft baby blankets. These baby designs are our absolute favorites and are great sewing projects for beginners. And if you also love quilting, then you'll love the collection of 40+ Free Baby Quilt Patterns from our sister site FaveQuilts! These soft and snuggly baby quilts are the best way to brush up on your patchwork skills.
- Extremely Easy Flannel Blanket
- Applique Baby Blanket
- Frayed Flannel Baby Blanket
- Self Binding Swaddle Blanket
- Mini Taggie Quilt
- Cute Baby Boy Quilt
- Aztec Print DIY Baby Blanket
- Shadow Stars Baby Quilt Tutorial
- Vintage Hankies Baby Quilt Pattern
- Watermelon Seeds Easy Baby Blanket
- Heirloom Cut Chenille Baby Blanket
- How to Make a Tag Blanket
- Football Baby Blanket
- Crafty Fox Receiving Blanket Pattern
- Reversible Receiving Blanket
- Half Hour Baby Blanket Pattern
- John Wayne Baby Blanket Pattern
- Tie Dye Baby Playmat
- Hand Quilted Cotton Gauze Baby Blanket
- Soft Landing Receiving Blanket Pattern
A child never forgets their first doll. If you're planning to give an 18" doll, make some custom clothing, too!
>>> 30+ American Girl Doll Sewing Patterns
Diaper Bag Sewing Patterns
Attention all moms-on-the-go! These baby gift ideas will make diaper changing a not-so-dreaded task. You'll never run out of gifts for baby showers will all these options. From an adorable diaper cover to a stylish diaper bag for Mom, these free baby sewing patterns are sure to get lots of compliments!
These sewing projects for babies are great beginner sewing projects and can be made in just a few hours. And if you're looking to go more eco-friendly, ditch the disposable diapers and sew some practical and budget-friendly projects with this tutorial for How to Sew a Fitted Cloth Diaper. It's a soft and comfy project for baby that also helps the environment.
Love baby projects? Download a free copy of our popular baby eBook, full of free patterns and tutorials.
>>> Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
Infant Sewing Patterns (Accessories and Decor)
Help your little one step up their style with these tutorials for DIY baby accessories. Moms will appreciate fashionable baby craft ideas like number three in this list: the personalized Monogram Taggie. We dare you to find patterns more precious than these.
Not only will you love making these baby sewing projects, but your little one will love playing with them. These simple sewing projects like trendy toddler headbands are perfect for your baby's first pictures, along with great last-minute baby shower gift ideas. These DIY accessories for babies are perfect for little fashionistas in training!
- Toddler Bow Headband Sewing Pattern
- Monogram Taggie
- Colorful Pacifier Clips
- Sweet Dreams DIY Nursery Door Latch Cover
- Baby's Room Pillowcases
- Baby Bow Turban Beanie Sewing Pattern
- Fashionable Fabric Homemade Baby Gate
- U-Shaped Baby Pillow Tutorial
- Polka Dots Crib Mobile
- Personalized Nap Towel
- Baby Towel and Washcloth Set
- Soft Star Taggie
- Scrubby Baby DIY Wash Cloths
- Ahoy DIY Baby Toys
- High Chair Cover Sewing Pattern
- No Sew No Shave DIY Pacifiers
Sewing Projects for Baby and Moms on the Go
If you're a new mom who has to balance work, errands, and taking care of a new baby, then these are projects that you have to make. These baby sewing projects would make perfect gifts for new moms who are always on the move. We especially love the free sewing pattern for a baby car seat cover because it's made of fleece!
But you really can't go wrong with any of these... they're all adorable! There's even a video tutorial about making a portable high chair that you can sew all by yourself. If you spend a lot of time in the car, then these easy sewing projects are must-makes.
- Greeter Deterrent Baby Carrier Cover
- Car Seat Swaddle Blanket
- How to Make Reusable Nursing Pads
- Comfy Car Seat Shoulder Straps
- Nursing Travel Pillow
- DIY Car Sun Shade
- How to Make a Travel High Chair
- Mom's Favorite Wet Bag Tutorial
- Baby Travel Quilt Tutorial
- Fleece Baby Car Seat Tutorial
- Washable and Reusable Nursing Pads
- Free Stroller Bag Pattern
- Hip DIY Diaper Bag
- Fashionable Wet Bag
- The Wonder Mom Free Purse Pattern
- Stylish Baby Change Mat Clutch
- Baby Changing Mat Clutch
- How to Make a Car Seat Cover
- Roly Poly DIY Changing Pad
- Car Seat Leak Guard
Get some more fabulous baby sewing projects from this much-loved collection.
>>> 42 Sewing Patterns for Baby Clothes and Accessories
Things to Sew for Baby: Burp Cloths and Bibs
If you're always reaching for a burb cloth or need some handy bibs that you can toss in your diaper bag, then you'll love these sewing projects. There is nothing babies (or new moms) need more than bibs and burp cloths, so we're pretty sure these baby gift ideas will be big hits.
Whether for your own near and dear or for a friend's little one, these baby sewing patterns are sure to be huge hits. The only problem is, baby patterns like the ones below are so cute, it's hard to choose which one to make first! These simple sewing projects are beginner-approved and can be made in less than an hour.
- Elegantly Embroidered Baby Bib Sewing Pattern
- Super Simple Burp Cloth
- Vintage Towel Bib
- Boutique Style Burp Cloth
- Bandana Bib Tutorial
- Reversible Crossover Baby Bib Pattern
- Printable Baby Sewing Patterns Bundle
- Ruffled Baby Bib
- John Wayne Baby Bib
- Ingenious Easy Burp Cloth
- Quilted Linen Burp Cloth
- Catch All Laminated Bib
- Boutique Baby Bibs
- Simple Patterned Bibs
- Soft Patterned Baby Bibs
- Backpack for Bibs
- Embroidered French Toast Bib
- World's Best Burp Cloth Tutorial
- Ultimate Baby Bib Tutorial
- Bandana Baby Bib Pattern
- Vinyl Baby Bib Pattern
Free Baby Dress Patterns
If there's one thing that our readers love, it's gorgeous dresses for their grandbabies! From simple everyday dresses to special occasion dresses for holidays and family photos, these free baby dress patterns are the best way to make sure your granddaughter looks stylish as soon as she's born.
And if you've been searching for an adorable dress for a christening or baptism, then you're in luck, because this list of baby dresses is perfect for every occasion. Find a too cute to handle dress for your granddaughter in our list below.
We Want to Know...What is the cutest baby shower gift you have ever made?
Make sure to leave a comment below!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
- The Bigger and Better Bib
- Oh Deer Washable Baby Bib
- Divided Basket and Changing Pad Pattern
- 75+ Free Baby Sewing Patterns You'll Adore
- How to Make a Baby Bib
- Free Blessing Dress Pattern
- Reversible Baby Blanket Pattern
- Ultimate Baby Bib Tutorial
- Reversible Receiving Blanket
- Plush Rattle Sewing Pattern
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Meandering Wisconsin ~ A Picnic Quilt Pattern
- Sew A Throw Pillow
- Card Trick Quilt Block
- Spaghetti Strap Top Pattern
- Teeny Tiny Mini Zipper Pouch Keyring
- Tiered Spring Mini Dress
- Free Little Black Dress Pattern
- How Does Someone Benefit From Basic Sewing Skills?
- Upcycled Sweater Beret Sewing Pattern
- Easy No Sew Blanket
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners