10 Minutes Tablet Cover
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"A tablet cover, cute, easy and inexpensive to make, and perfect for when you don't have time for more complicated sewing. With tutorial and step by step instructions."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Sewn byEither Hand or Machine
- A piece of felt in your favorite color
- A button
- Matching sewing thread
- Optional: additional bits of felt for embellishment
Place your tablet onto the piece of felt and cut it to size. You should have a margin of about one centimeter on each side, and enough extra felt top and bottom to create a sort of an envelope for the tablet, complete with a folding tab.
Pin the bottom fold in place and sew the sides. Because felt doesn't fray, there's not need to fold inside out, you can just leave it as is.
Cut the elastic. The elastic is to be folded in half. When both edges are pinned to the outside of the top flap, the elastic should be long enough to go around the entire closed cover.
Sew the tips of the elastic in place (leaving the folded side free), and then sew a button over them. So, when you wrap the elastic around the tablet cover, the folded edge will be secured by the button, effectively keeping the cover closed.
Your tablet cover is ready to be used.
Now you can leave it as is, or add a bit of embellishment. I cut a flower out of contrasting felt, and sewed it over the button. And then glued a small circle of gray felt on top, to hide the stitches.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Fabric Editions Halloween Harvest Fabric Collection
- Best of National Sewing Month 2019
- The Easiest Tutu Skirt You Can Make Now!
- Easy Cat Shaped Neck Pillow with Free Pattern
- Mini Orange Peel Quilt
- Corduroy Fanny Bag
- Bell Sleeve Dress
- Sewing Machine Maintenance: How to Thread a Sewing Machine
- 67 DIY Halloween Costumes and Halloween Sewing Projects
- Pumpkin Mug Rug Sewing Tutorial
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners