This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Sam Sunbonnet Key Holder
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"Sunbonnet is a very old applique design, but I would like to try for my keys this time. Sue ( female version ) has been done before and I would like to try the male/ SAM. It is a marvelous way to use scrap fabrics. Most of the time I need to use hand stitching. You can decorate and make different designs from this pattern in different styles. Some of them use hand embroidery, like adding flowers. It is big enough to cover keys and small enough to keep in your purse. The free pattern link is below the tutorial. "
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Sewn byBoth Hand and Machine
scrap cotton fabrics
a piece of batting
Read NextHeart Corner Bookmark
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- DIY Heart Keychain
- Sam Sunbonnet Key Holder
- Sewing Planners For Sewing Projects
- Basic Clothing Alterations: Learn How to Make Alterations at Home
- $5 DIY Sewing Machine Extension Table
- 7 Easy Valentine's Day Sewing Projects Free eBook
- Natural Organic Dried Cherry Pit Hand Warmers
- How to Shorten Sleeves of a Button Up Shirt
- 8 DIY Reusable Makeup Remover Pads
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners