Super Quick Zippered Pouch
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"These pouches are super easy... and quick! You can use them for accessories, make-up bags or even project bags for knitting. They make excellent gifts."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
- Small scraps of fabric
I like to use the zipper as a guide for cutting out the pouch. Make the lining about one inch longer than the main fabric. The pouch can be any size that you like as long as it is a rectangle.
Iron the top of the lining fabric over about 3/4 of an inch. This will make it much easier to attach it to the pouch- do not skip this step!
Sew the top of the main fabric to the zipper, then iron the wrong side up.
Now you will be glad that you ironed! Place the lining fabric over the zipper and sew along both sides. If it is a little uneven at the sides, don't worry- you can fix it in the next step.
Now, turn it inside out and sew around the perimeter, leaving the bottom of the lining open. Leave the zipper partially open so that you can turn it right side out again. It is also a lot easier if you start each seam at the zipper- that keeps it from shifting and... inevitable seam ripping.
Now turn it the right side out. Fold the lining in and sew it closed. I don't mind the seam being visible because it is in the inside of the pouch.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Make homemade curtains with this free sewing pattern. These Vintage Button Kitchen Curtains look great in a kitchen or hanging from a… Continue reading: "Vintage Button Kitchen Curtains"
- 10+ Patterns for Face Masks
- DIY Sunglass Case
- Simple DIY Phone Wallet
- Denim Tablet Case Tutorial
- Simple Felt Needlecase
- Flower Embellishment Tutorial
- Scrappy Denim Free Pincushion Pattern
- Scrapbuster Hair Bow Tutorial
- Super Simple Face Mask Pattern For Adults And Kids
- How To Sew A Face Mask With Filter Insert Pocket
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Upcycled Jeans Fabric Basket
- Why And How To Use Interfacing
- DIY Coffee Cozy with Photograph
- DIY T-Shirt Dress
- Colorful Washable Rug DIY
- How To Sew A Pot Scrubber Out Of Mesh Produce Bags
- Ladybug Plush
- Small Hooded Poncho Pattern
- Non-slip Sewing Machine Foot Pedal Pad
- Water-Resistant Zipper Pouch DIY
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners