This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
How To Use The Overcasting Stitches
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"The overcasting stitch can be used to finish the edge of your fabric rather like the zig-zag stitch we looked at before, but often gives a much neater finish. My machine came with an overcasting foot as standard and if you don't have one, I highly recommend getting one. You'll find that you will use it a lot. "
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Read NextShibori Inspired Denim Bookmarks
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Give your little one something to tumble around with during playtime with this Fabric Baby Blocks Sewing Pattern. Baby sewing projects… Continue reading: "Fabric Baby Blocks Sewing Pattern"
- Shibori Inspired Denim Bookmarks
- How to Sew a One Hole Button
- 130+ Sewing Questions Answered
- How to Thread a Needle
- How to Resize a Bra
- 10 Best Sewing YouTube Channels
- Getting Comfortable with a Sewing Machine
- Sewing Machine Paper Practice Sheets
- How to Add Purse Snaps in 5 Minutes
- How to Stop Fraying
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Make Pom Pom Pillows
- Mens Pajama Shorts With Pockets
- Krista West from Avlea Folk Embroidery
- 25+ Anna & Elsa Costume DIYs + Frozen Costume Patterns
- Common and Traditional Embroidery Stitches [Infographic]
- Simple Peplum Top
- How To Cut Pants Into Shorts
- Easy Diy Towel Poncho For Kids
- Drawn Thread Hem Stitch Finish Tutorial
- Rose Johnston from Threadbare Creations
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners