- see all comments
"Updated link https//web.archive.org/web/20200203132624/https//d == iystyle.net/projects/fashion/ruffled-zipper-clutch == /"
"https//www.charmed-liebling.com/uploads/1/1/1/6/11 == 162541/pinkpeonybag9589.pdf. It seems like the link is broken."
"Thanks a lot!!"
"Looking for pattern to make pillows from old cheer uniforms?"
Sewing Machine Practice Printables
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
If you are just learning to sew or teaching someone to sew, these Printable Sewing Machine Practice Sheets are a great way to practice stitching without wasting too much fabric or thread. These printable tutorials are a great way to teach kids how to sew, as well. You can use an extra dull needle or even skip the needle until you feel like your kiddo is ready. Plus, with so many options, these are great practice for every level of sewist.
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Find more unique free printable practice sheets here >>> Sewing Machine Paper Practice Sheets (Printable!)
Read NextHow to Add Purse Snaps in 5 Minutes
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Oct 31, 2017
This is a wonderful resource. I am sure I will get a lot of miles of use from this. I know the very basics of sewing and I am looking for any help that will improve my skills.
Apr 27, 2017
thank you! This a great idea to help us new to sewing.
Mar 27, 2017
I am fairly new to the craft of sewing. I have never seen these practice sheets. This will be a great way to get some practice in keeping the stitches straight. I don't think I am ready to tackle the shapes yet but I'll have the sheets when I am ready.
Feb 25, 2017
These are a fantastic resource for someone like me who is confident in machine sewing straight lines but struggle with shapes. I printed them out and traced them onto scrap fabric with a fabric pen. They have helped me learn new skills on the machine and have helped me to get my timing right when using the peddle. It has also given me the confidence to try a variety of different stitch style skills on the machine.
Jan 15, 2017
this is a great idea! I do remember having very thick cardboard cards with holes already punched in them, and the child would pull yarn through the holes. The yarn had plastic nibs on the ends for easy threading. This helped really young kids get the feel for sewing by hand first. These patterns are a good idea for learning the machine!
Jan 12, 2017
This is a great tool for beginners learning to sew or someone that wants to improve their skills. I am going to print these out and make good use with them. The designs are very good for learning straight stitches and using a sewing machine.
Jan 11, 2017
These are great for beginners I plan to print them for my own use. Practice, indeed makes perfect! I have created some of my own to assist my practice.
Jul 18, 2015
I can't download nor print a large size Practice Sheets and I am a member
Jul 20, 2015
Hi bbrown4231 0204946! It looks like the links may be down on the designer's page. We have been in contact with them. Please check back later! Kaylee, Editor
Jan 23, 2015
I can't download it either
Jan 23, 2015
Hi! I am sorry you are having trouble. You will need to sign up over at Craftsy to download these via the link on Deby's site! If you are having trouble over there, I would suggest contacting the blogger (by commenting) or getting in touch with the support staff at Craftsy. Thanks! Kaylee, Editor of AllFreeSewing.com
andersonml57 64095 11
Nov 15, 2014
I'm sure I'd give it a five star if I could just download it. I've joined everything....what am I missing
Nov 17, 2014
Hi andersonml57 6409511, In order to download these sheets, you need to follow the link above and then click on the link from the designer's page. From there, it will take you to craftsy.com. The pattern is free there, but you do need to register with them. Hope that helps, Kaylee, Editor of AllFreeSewing.com
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Insanely Smart Toy Bag
The worst and best thing about little toys is that they do not take up a lot of space. Little knick knacks are great for your child's… Continue reading: "Insanely Smart Toy Bag"
- How to Add Purse Snaps in 5 Minutes
- How to Use a Thimble
- Shibori Inspired Denim Bookmarks
- How to Do Basic Clothing Alterations
- Simple Gathered Skirt with Embroidered Denim Band
- How to Use Sewing Patterns
- Fringe 101
- Sewing Room Organization: Your Complete Guide
- Phone Pocket tutorial
- How to Grade Plus-Size Patterns
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Make A Ruffle Dress From Men's Button Down Shirts
- Free Tie-Hem Shorts Sewing Pattern for Girls
- Easy Girl's Sundress Sewing Pattern
- A Line Dress Pattern For Girls
- Turn Your Old Jeans Into Versatile Denim Belts With Pockets
- 30+ Shirt Dress Patterns Free
- Diy Jane Austen Costume
- Easy Gathered Skirt With Rounded Patch Pockets
- Easy Pillowcase Tutorial
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners