Free Vintage Sewing Pattern: Summer Skirt
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"This easy-to-make skirt pattern comes from Quick & Easy Summer Wardrobe Patterns 1948, Woman & Beauty, Self Draft, published in July 1948. You can make this pretty summer skirt using a free pattern published in July 1948 in about 2-3 hours. I made three alterations to the pattern: used elastic band instead of making fabric belt, so I don’t have to use zipper shortened the length of the skirt from 36 inches to 20 inches widened the skirt at a waste by 10 inches total (so I can wear it by pulling through my head)"
NotesBecause the skirt has several panels, you can potentially use this pattern for scraps busting. This is the second skirt I made with this pattern, for the first one I used long chiffon summer scarf :) it was enough to make 5 panels.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Sewn byEither Hand or Machine
Wash and iron the fabric.
I drew the pattern directly on the fabric. Cut.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Innovative projects like this Brilliant Pot Holder Organizer are what get us excited about getting crafty. This project is perfect for… Continue reading: "Brilliant Pot Holder Organizer"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy Face Mask Without Elastic
- 3d Face Mask Pattern+video Instructions
- Sew A Simple Pillowcase In 15 Minutes Flat
- How To Add Snaps To Your Sewing Projects
- Make Quick Gift Bags
- Diy Travel Neck Pillow
- Stuffed Animal Face Mask
- Cactus Finger Puppet
- Sewing With Grommets & Eyelets: Tips, Tricks & Projects
- Perfect Beach Dress For Summer Fun
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners