This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
- see all comments
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
"Well it would have been helpful if it had said that in the first place! Thanks for letting us know."
Flat Out Bowl Holders
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
"Doesn't matter the season. A bowl holder can be used in the summer to hold cold food or winter to hold hot food. These bowl holders are made different than most in that pleats instead of darts are used so the holders can lay a bit flatter and stored in a drawer or take up less space in a cabinet. A set of these can easily be made in an afternoon for a gift. The more you make, the faster they are to make."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- About half yard of 2 kinds of fabric or a yard of 1 fabric.
- Batting/insulation suitable to be used in microwave.
- Usual tools for sewing.
- Sewing machine
Read NextHow to Make a Kitchen Boa
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Dec 21, 2016
I like the idea of a microwaveable bowl holder that will lay flat in a kitchen drawer. Every time I burn my fingers taking a hot bowl out of the microwave I make a mental note to sew a bowl holder. This tutorial is easy to follow. Pleats keep the bowl holder eventually flat. Nice idea.
Oct 26, 2016
What incredible luck I have! I was just thinking today about how I wish I had a better way to handle a bowl of soup taken out of the microwave at lunch. Then I come across this "Flat Out bowl Holders". These are perfect for holding and carrying those bowls of pasta, cereal, and of course soup. I can't wait to make a bunch of these and give them as hostess gifts this Christmas.
Oct 26, 2016
excelent idea...thakk you so much..!!!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Portable Sewing Station
There is nothing worse than trying to juggle your pin cushion, scissors, needles, buttons, and other sewing must-haves while trying to… Continue reading: "Portable Sewing Station"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Sew a Simple Coaster
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- May Flowers Spring Wreath DIY
- Easy Shopping Bag
- Dresden Plate Quilt Block
- Chair Cover Sewing Pattern
- Scraptastic Face Wipes
- Easy DIY Heart Pillow (With Reverse Applique)
- Why Do Clothes Shrink in the Dryer?
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners