How to Sew a Simple Potholder
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"Learn how to sew a simple potholder with a basic square shape and a pocket. I'll walk you through the process with clear step-by-step photos and professional finishing techniques. I've included lots of tips for choosing heat-safe fabrics and materials, so you can use these potholders with confidence! You can easily sew one in an hour with scraps. Make some pretty, modern ones to replace your worn out potholders. Or make them as gifts for for newlyweds or new neighbors."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Sewn byBoth Hand and Machine
- Scraps of cotton or linen fabric
- Lightweight cotton quilt batting
- Thermal batting (like Insul-bright)
- Bias tape maker (optional, but easier!)
- Coordinating thread
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Make The Cutest Mini Fabric Bin!
- Mason Jar Pincushion
- DIY Circle Swimsuit Cover Up
- Adorable Bakery Embroidery Pattern
- What are the Best Fabrics for Face Masks?
- Upcycled Jeans Fabric Basket
- Why And How To Use Interfacing
- 16 Face Coverings to Sew
- DIY Coffee Cozy with Photograph
- DIY T-Shirt Dress
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners