Easiest Pillow Case Dress
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"Easiest Pillow Case Dress. Even beginners can make this simplified pattern for a pillow case dress! I have used the easiest methods for using a pillow-case and turning it into a darling sundress or jumper! I have a complete step by step video tutorial on my youtube channel, Hectanooga1. The pillow case I used was purchased at my local Good Will store (Salvation Army), and is so cute! Perfect even for a flower-girl dress in a wedding."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
- pillow case
- Sewing machine
- Steam iron
Cut the folded end off of the pillow case, leaving the remainder to be the length desired from the underarms to the hem.
Using a steam iron, instead of measuring, fold and iron the straps, and the top casing of the dress. Shown in the video tutorial.
Sew the straps and casing on the sewing machine.
Sew the straps onto the top of the dress.
Pass elastic through the top casing.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Learning how to sew a table runner isn't what's stopping you from making one. In fact, you've been eager to try this project for some… Continue reading: "Infinite Options Reversible Table Runner"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Sulky Wilderness Wonder Applique Kit
- Scrappy Stars
- Metal Frame Embroidered Bag Pattern
- Reading Glasses Case Using A Flex Frame
- Simple Sew Mug Warmer
- Diy Frankenstein Costume With A Free Pattern
- Diy Marshmello Fortnite Costume
- Diy Halloween Cape With Hood
- Halloween Finger Puppets
- Evergreen Wreath Quilt
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners