This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- see all comments
"I can not download th eproject...link is not working...please check"
"I have downloaded the Trevor Pyjama pattern but am unable to just print one size but I cannot turn off the layers of unwangted sizes"
T-Shirt DIY Maxi Dress
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
This T-Shirt DIY Maxi Dress is a super simple sewing tutorial based on a free shirt pattern or just any shirt pattern you have. Whether you want short sleeves for the summer, three-quarter sleeves for the fall and spring, or long sleeves for the winter, this DIY dress is versatile. Use fabric with some elasticity for the best results in this sewing pattern. You can how to make a dress and make the dress in just two to three hours! This DIY T-shirt dress is comfortable for everyday wear and cute enough to dress up for a date night.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Your choice of fabric cotton, knit, polyester etc.
- Plantain t-shirt pattern
- Cotton thread
- Sewing machine
Read NextCap Sleeve DIY Maxi Dress
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Apr 26, 2017
This looks like a very comfy dress and I like that it is made from a tee shirt pattern and you can use any fabric you like. I like that you can make it long or short sleeve. You have to download the pattern but I am sure you can use one of your tee shirts that is comfy. I do like that I can choose how the length of the dress too. Make more than one. Maxi,mid length and short. This is a great idea. Thanks.
Apr 24, 2017
In order to make up this dress, you first need to download a free pattern for a tee shirt. I prefer to make dresses with a sleeve, but this tee shirt pattern comes with long or short sleeves, so it should be easy to incorporate sleeves into the dress. Basically its just a matter of tracing off the tee shirt pattern and then adding the length you would like for the dress. Be careful if you choose a pattern like the dress in the example, as you will need to match up the stripes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Cutlery Pockets Sewing Pattern
Have your dress your spoons, forks, and knives to the nines with this Cutlery Pockets Sewing Pattern. No matter what special occasion… Continue reading: "Cutlery Pockets Sewing Pattern"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Ruffled Diaper Cover Pattern
- Girl's Vintage Pinafore Pattern
- Free Tiered Dress Pattern For Girls
- How To Add Pockets To A Skirt Or Dress
- Loose Ends
- How to Use a PDF Sewing Pattern
- 27 Free Kids Apron Patterns
- How to Sew a Simple Coaster
- Sweet Dreams Easy Quilt Pattern
- Refashion a T-Shirt That is Too Small
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners