This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Pumpkin Tote Bag
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"This pumpkin tote is a fun addition to your Halloween collection that you can use year after year to collect candy or decorate your home!"
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Orange fleece – 2/3 yard for large size, 1/2 yard for small size
- Small scraps of black fleece for pumpkin applique
- Nylon webbing – 2 yards for large size, 1 yard for small size (I often salvage this from broken backpacks or purses)
- Small piece of stiff cardboard, chloroplast, or plastic canvas for stiffening the bottom of the tote
- Hot glue
- Glue stick
Cut out 2 bag pieces and 1 set of the pumpkin face. You will also need a rectangle of your cardboard/plastic (14.5" x 7" for large size, 9" x 4" for small size) as well as a scrap large enough to wrap around it.
Use the glue stick to glue your pumpkin face pieces in place as marked on pattern (this temporarily helps keep them in place; you can also use pins). I find it helpful to cut out the face on the pattern piece and use it as a template to place the face pieces. Stitch around the edges with a straight stitch or zigzag.
With right sides together, sew the two sides and bottom of your bag.
Fold the corners so that the side seam matches up with the bottom seam. With right sides together, sew the corner shut.
Place your cardboard/plastic on the scrap of fleece. Hot glue the fleece to wrap around, and trim any excess.
Place another layer of hot glue on the unfinished side of the cardboard/plastic. Carefully place it in the bottom of the bag. Now your bag has a sturdy bottom!
Read NextCute Foldable Christmas Tree Napkins
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Shiny + Bright Ornament #6
- Free Mitten Sewing Pattern
- What is Draping? In Sewing and Fashion
- Teardrop Nostalgic Christmas Ornament
- Felt Nativity Advent Calendar Pattern
- DIY Fabric Tree For Christmas
- Star Christmas Ornament Block
- Sew Fast Autumn Table Runner Pattern
- Yoga Mat Strap
- Square Kitchen Potholders
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners