This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
Easy Rag Pillow
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"Pillows are a perfect project to learn a new sewing method. They’re small and quick to make. As a quilter, I love making pillows to try out a new quilt idea. This rag pillow project is all about the surface texture that seems to be so popular in interior designer boutiques right now. Plus, you’ll love the super simple rag seam technique that makes finishing this pillow a breeze. This is a very simple pillow to make that you can probably finish in an afternoon. The idea is to sew narrow strips of fabric onto your pillow to create the dimensional frayed design. You choose whether your strips will be the same or contrasting fabrics. Once you begin to sew, you’ll be surprised how quickly you’ll be finished!"
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- 2 Fat Quarters
- 1 yd Fusible Fleece
- Fabric Scraps for Strips
- 1 16" Pillow Form
- 14" Velcro 5/8" Seam Tape
Read NextMounted Sewing Room Idea
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Mitten Sewing Pattern
- What is Draping? In Sewing and Fashion
- Teardrop Nostalgic Christmas Ornament
- Felt Nativity Advent Calendar Pattern
- DIY Fabric Tree For Christmas
- Star Christmas Ornament Block
- Sew Fast Autumn Table Runner Pattern
- Yoga Mat Strap
- Square Kitchen Potholders
- Christmas Ornaments With Stripes
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners