Stylish Face Masks (Free Face Mask Patterns)
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"Learn how to make a DIY mask with this easy tutorial. Here I will show you how to make 2 styles of face mask with numerous variations including filter pocket or no filter pocket and different strap options. Style 1 is a pleated style that is great for beginners and hand sewers. Style 2 is a shaped style that has a printable pattern piece. This tutorial has instructions for using a sewing machine or hand sewing. "
Notes: In settings where professional/medical-grade face masks are not available, the general public is encouraged to wear face coverings: "The CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies) especially in areas of significant community-based transmission."
Next-Gen Mask Challenge
The Next-Gen Mask Challenge is offering a $1 million prize split to three teams that can design a face mask that the general public will adopt.
From XPRISE: "The $1M Next-Gen Mask Challenge aims to reimagine protective face masks used to prevent the spread of COVID-19 by making them more comfortable, functional, accessible, and even stylish."
The Next-Gen Mask Challenge teams will be composed of the next generation of innovators ages 15-24 from all around the world.
Register by October 22, 2020. Learn more at the Next-Gen Mask Challenge.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Sewn byEither Hand or Machine
- Cotton Fabric
- Elastic, ribbon, string or fabric for straps
- The fitted style has interfacing in the center layer
Find this DIY mask and more in our collection of 20+ Patterns for Face Masks
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Pattern For A Baby Bib With Square Corners
- Coats & Clark
- Common Sewing Stitches You Need To Know
- Elastic Waist Linen Shorts Free Sewing Pattern
- Easy Diy Harvest Apron
- Diy Reusable Duster Cloths
- Learn Three Visible Mending Techniques
- Visible Mending: Sewing Guide
- MaryRose O'Donnell - Editorial Intern
- DIY Ruffled Burlap Table Runner
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners