This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Selvage Fabric Canister
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"Are you fascinated by selvages? Do you collect those colourful strips of fabric and then turn them into something totally awesome and unique? If so, here is a new idea to add to your list of "what to do with selvages": make a cylindrical storage canister. The project is fairly simple to make. All you need is a sheet of "selvage fabric" (selvages sewn onto some sort of medium weight interfacing) and some fabric scraps. Depending on how big you make it, it can be a thread catcher, a container for pens, a small vase, or whatever! "
NotesNOTE: For instruction on how to make the selvage fabric, click on the link to a previous blog post provided in the third paragraph.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Sewn byBoth Hand and Machine
- Refer to blog post
Read NextPortable Hanging Cup Holder
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Give your little one something to tumble around with during playtime with this Fabric Baby Blocks Sewing Pattern. Baby sewing projects… Continue reading: "Fabric Baby Blocks Sewing Pattern"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Make Pom Pom Pillows
- Mens Pajama Shorts With Pockets
- Krista West from Avlea Folk Embroidery
- 25+ Anna & Elsa Costume DIYs + Frozen Costume Patterns
- Common and Traditional Embroidery Stitches [Infographic]
- Simple Peplum Top
- How To Cut Pants Into Shorts
- Easy Diy Towel Poncho For Kids
- Drawn Thread Hem Stitch Finish Tutorial
- Rose Johnston from Threadbare Creations
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners