Selvage Fabric Canister
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"Are you fascinated by selvages? Do you collect those colourful strips of fabric and then turn them into something totally awesome and unique? If so, here is a new idea to add to your list of "what to do with selvages": make a cylindrical storage canister. The project is fairly simple to make. All you need is a sheet of "selvage fabric" (selvages sewn onto some sort of medium weight interfacing) and some fabric scraps. Depending on how big you make it, it can be a thread catcher, a container for pens, a small vase, or whatever! "
NotesNOTE: For instruction on how to make the selvage fabric, click on the link to a previous blog post provided in the third paragraph.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Sewn byBoth Hand and Machine
- Refer to blog post
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Hanging Kitchen Towel Sewing Tutorial
- Berry Patch Quilt
- Diy Halloween Treat Bag
- Diy Ghost Pillow
- Sew A Pillow Bed For The Floor
- Christmas Gift Card Holder With Free Pattern
- Tv Remote Caddy
- Diy Bowl Covers
- Raglan Style Loose Fit Sweatshirt
- Easy To Sew Needle Book
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners