We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Hello! I'm Rochelle from eSheep Designs, a "born again" seamstress, who — after parting ways with the hobby for close to three decades — is now back with a renewed passion.
While on vacation in September of 2012, I visited with a friend who had just made a beautiful tote bag after taking a sewing class. I was simply amazed to discover that people sewed stuff other than clothes and blankets. What an eye-opener! Where had I been all those years?
For the whole next week, I couldn't get the image of that tote bag out of my mind, along with the thought that, "I used to sew. Why can't I do something like that?"
I watched my mother sew clothes (for herself, for me, for my cousins, even for my Barbie dolls) for the longest time. During my high school years, I took sewing in Home Ec and became quite skilled myself. Even while at university, I recall completing a few projects on my Sears Kenmore sewing machine.
And then, nothing.
I left my sewing machine behind with my mom when I moved out of the family home. I think I borrowed it a couple of times to do the odd hem, but otherwise, nothing. I fell out of sewing like one falls out of love.
That is, until I came back from that vacation with the overwhelming thought that — if I could once follow a pattern to sew an advanced piece of clothing like a denim jumpsuit — then why not a tote bag? Why not, indeed!
The discovery led to me to embark on a personal sewing journey with a challenge: to see if I could actually progress from student to designer. After finding all sorts of wonderful (and sometimes free, like here on AllFreeSewing) stuff on the internet, I dove into various sewing projects from the latter part of 2012 into 2013. (My ancient Sears Kenmore has held up so far!) By year's end, I had committed to blogging about my journey.
Projects on AllFreeSewing.com
- Sliding Match Box
- Travel DIY iPhone Case
- Wave DIY Purse Organizer
- Scissors Sheath
- Space-Saving Travel Organizer
- Handy Dandy DIY Makeup Organizer
- Waxcloth Folders
- Fortune Cookie Coin Purse
- Tablet Envelope in Waxcloth
- Wet Wipe DIY Wallet
- Bifold DIY Wallet
- How to Upcycle a Tie
- Pride and Prejudice Infinity Scarf Pattern
- Wave Around Tote Organizer
- DICIS Bear Buff
- Quick Sew Kimono Jacket
- Shopping List and Coupon Holder Tutorial
- 5 Minute Lip Balm Carrier
- Refashion an Old Scarf
- MIY (Make it Yours) Bag Pattern
- Load-It-Up Laptop Slipcase
- Portable Pocket Pouch
- Quilted CD Coaster/Mug Rug
- Quick Sew Crop Top
- Stacking CD Baskets
- DIY Ruler Grips in 5 Minutes
- Mini Infinity Scarf
- Hanging Christmas Tree
- Flat Pack Travel Tray
- Paper Pieced Ornament
- Blinged Up T-Shirt Infinity Scarf Upcycle
- DIY Custom Slippers
- Icy Cool Neck Wrap
- Quilted Hanging File Organizer
- How to Make Your Own Double-Folded Bias Binding
- 1-Minute DIY Magnetic Pin Jar Tutorial
- Big Buttons Wall Art
- Mini Retro Reticule
- Key Card Purse Lanyard
- "Exploding" Sewing Accessories Box
- Fabric Recipe Card Box
- Passport & Travel Document Keeper
- Quilted Fabric Plate
- 6 Pocket Origami Pouch
- Scrapbusting DIY Bobbins
- Designer Purse Charm
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
It's Pumpkin Latte Season! Take this little Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop Mug Rug with you as you sit in a cafe and sew your next… Continue reading: "Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop Mug Rug"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Reversible Bucket Hat - Free Sewing Pattern
- Diy Portable Gaming Case
- Sun Pillow Punch Needle Project
- Drop-Shaped One-Shoulder Bag
- Simple Twin Bag With Partition Pocket
- Round Bottom Drawstring Bucket Bag
- Any Occasion Dress
- Lotus Hoodie
- Golden Ash Top
- Shannon's Bonnet
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners