This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Slip Knot Tie Masks
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"This is a new quick design for yet another mask that's easy, comfortable, faster and cheaper to make. It's worn on the ears without buying elastic or acquiring Tshirts to make yarn. It fits as tight as needed and does not slip off by using the slip knot to adjust quickly. Works great for folks with limited shoulder range who are unable to tie something behind their head. Of course it takes less time to make a 22 inch tie rather than a 45 inch tie. This tutorial also contains some more time saving tips."
NotesThis is my design. I've not seen it online anywhere. This came about because I couldn't tie the mask behind my head. Several of the people I made masks for said they were tying to put around their ears as well. I was striving for a way to save time and thought, "Why am I spending so much time on ties that people aren't using?" Thus, I accidentally tied this knot that slips. Another, "Necessity is the mother of invention" situation.
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
- (Please see blog tutorial)
(Please see blog tutorial for picture directions.)
Read NextGranny Chic Slippers
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Dumpling Pouch
- How To Sew A Tiny Hem With The Rolled Hem Foot
- Easy No-sew Rug
- Free Ice Cream Pint Cozy Sewing Pattern
- Simple Denim Pouch
- 31 Easy Sew Bookmarks
- Make Pom Pom Pillows
- Mens Pajama Shorts With Pockets
- Krista West from Avlea Folk Embroidery
- 25+ Anna & Elsa Costume DIYs + Frozen Costume Patterns
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners