Slip Knot Tie Masks
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"This is a new quick design for yet another mask that's easy, comfortable, faster and cheaper to make. It's worn on the ears without buying elastic or acquiring Tshirts to make yarn. It fits as tight as needed and does not slip off by using the slip knot to adjust quickly. Works great for folks with limited shoulder range who are unable to tie something behind their head. Of course it takes less time to make a 22 inch tie rather than a 45 inch tie. This tutorial also contains some more time saving tips."
NotesThis is my design. I've not seen it online anywhere. This came about because I couldn't tie the mask behind my head. Several of the people I made masks for said they were tying to put around their ears as well. I was striving for a way to save time and thought, "Why am I spending so much time on ties that people aren't using?" Thus, I accidentally tied this knot that slips. Another, "Necessity is the mother of invention" situation.
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
- (Please see blog tutorial)
(Please see blog tutorial for picture directions.)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
If you are looking for a great homemade gift idea, this homemade slipper pattern will do the trick. Easily created from an old pair of… Continue reading: "How to Make Slippers From Jeans"
- 8 Awesome DIY Organizers: Sewing Organizer Tutorials eBook
- Striped Tee Necklace
- Scrapbusting Fabric Organizer
- Homemade Heating Pad
- Reusable Swiffer Duster Cloths
- DIY Hair Curlers
- 46+ Free Doll Clothes Patterns
- Grandma's Pincushion Thread Catcher Tutorial
- Non-Slip Foot Pedal Pad
- Buddy Holly DIY Glasses Case
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How To Draft Your Own Pj Pants Pattern
- Felt Heart Garland
- Easy Cosmetics Bag Pattern
- Logs Caddy
- Heart Shaped Pot Holders
- How To Choose Fabric For Sewing Clothing
- Tips To Sew Sweater Knit
- How To Sew An Invisible Zipper In A Pillow
- Easy Wrap Dress Free Sewing Pattern
- Giraffe And Friends Easy Baby Quilt From A Jelly Roll
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners