Handmade Tailor's Board
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Handmade Tailor's Board
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
Jackson's Woodworks is a fine family-owned company that offers quality products for sewers and quilters. Each product is handmade in the U.S. out of solid hardwood, so you know you're getting a durable product. Products like a Ham Holder, Tailor's Clappers and Point Turners are what you'll find at Jackson's Woodworks, but what I got to see a live demonstration on was the Tailor's Board. This product is so intriguing as it does a perfect job and it's just made of wood and doesn’t need to be plugged in; it's like magic right before your eyes.
As a person who loves to sew, we all know that pressing is an important process if you want your items to look crisp and clean; you don't want to walk into that big company meeting at work with a crushed shirt. The Tailor's Board is a neat tool that has a variety of angles, curved edges and flat surfaces that help shape your garment's seams to fit properly. Because the board is made of solid oak hardwood it helps hold heat resulting in perfection.
When looking at the board you may not know exactly how to use it, but it's quite simple. The large curve is used for armholes, side seams and sleeve caps, while the smaller curve is used for pressing tighter areas like collars. On the flat side is a long curved edge which is used for princess seams whereas the large flat surface is used for pressing any flat surface.
The Tailor's Board will create professional looking creases and will amaze you at how easy it is to use. If you haven’t been introduced to this product yet, now is the time.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Chance to win a June Tailor Thread Rack!
Chance to win Very Berry Kai Scissors!
Chance to win the Janome M7200 Supreme Sewing Machine!
Chance to win Arizona After Fat Quarter Bundle!
Chance to win a Tailor's Clapper!
Emma Tote Kit
Win the Everything Mary Quilted Sewing Organizer!
Chance to win a Comet Hobby Sewing Center Table!
Chance to win a Handmade Wooden Point Presser!
Win a Deluxe Sidewinder from Simplicity!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Halloween Costumes for Kids: 40+ Sewing Patterns & Projects
- Kids Pants
- Halloween Witch Hat Pattern
- Very Berry Kai Scissors
- Sew a Babydoll Dress with Chiffon Pleats
- How to make your own maxi dress. DIY Tent Dress Tutorial
- Easy DIY Caftan Dress Tutorial
- DIY Matching Mommy and Me Dresses
- Refashion T-Shirts into a Dress
- Flannel Floor Pillows
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners