Handmade Tailor's Board
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Handmade Tailor's Board
Reviewed by , Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
Jackson's Woodworks is a fine family-owned company that offers quality products for sewers and quilters. Each product is handmade in the U.S. out of solid hardwood, so you know you're getting a durable product. Products like a Ham Holder, Tailor's Clappers and Point Turners are what you'll find at Jackson's Woodworks, but what I got to see a live demonstration on was the Tailor's Board. This product is so intriguing as it does a perfect job and it's just made of wood and doesn’t need to be plugged in; it's like magic right before your eyes.
As a person who loves to sew, we all know that pressing is an important process if you want your items to look crisp and clean; you don't want to walk into that big company meeting at work with a crushed shirt. The Tailor's Board is a neat tool that has a variety of angles, curved edges and flat surfaces that help shape your garment's seams to fit properly. Because the board is made of solid oak hardwood it helps hold heat resulting in perfection.
When looking at the board you may not know exactly how to use it, but it's quite simple. The large curve is used for armholes, side seams and sleeve caps, while the smaller curve is used for pressing tighter areas like collars. On the flat side is a long curved edge which is used for princess seams whereas the large flat surface is used for pressing any flat surface.
The Tailor's Board will create professional looking creases and will amaze you at how easy it is to use. If you haven’t been introduced to this product yet, now is the time.
Read NextZipper Rescue Kit Review
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Learn how to make an apron that will add some of Cupids charm to all of your cooking and baking endeavors this February. This free… Continue reading: "Lovey Dovey Free Apron Pattern"
- Enter for your chance to win the Zipper Rescue Kit!
- Chance to win the Girl Scout Fabric Collection!
- Chance to win a Handmade Tailor's Board!
- Chance to win a Dragonskin RESIZE-IT Template Set!
- Chance to Win a Janome Sewist 780DC
- Chance to win the Woof Woof Meow Fabric Collection
- Win a 30 Spool Thread Rack
- Chance to win The "H" Bag Pattern!
- Chance to Win a Riley Blake Stacker Set!
- Ladies' 1958 Party Dress Pattern
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Sam Sunbonnet Key Holder
- Sewing Planners For Sewing Projects
- Basic Clothing Alterations: Learn How to Make Alterations at Home
- $5 DIY Sewing Machine Extension Table
- 7 Easy Valentine's Day Sewing Projects Free eBook
- Natural Organic Dried Cherry Pit Hand Warmers
- How to Shorten Sleeves of a Button Up Shirt
- 8 DIY Reusable Makeup Remover Pads
- 9 Ways to Transform Old T-Shirts Free eBook
- Sunbonnet Key Cover
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners