Handmade Tailor's Board
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Handmade Tailor's Board
Reviewed by , Editor, AllFreeSewing.com
Jackson's Woodworks is a fine family-owned company that offers quality products for sewers and quilters. Each product is handmade in the U.S. out of solid hardwood, so you know you're getting a durable product. Products like a Ham Holder, Tailor's Clappers and Point Turners are what you'll find at Jackson's Woodworks, but what I got to see a live demonstration on was the Tailor's Board. This product is so intriguing as it does a perfect job and it's just made of wood and doesn’t need to be plugged in; it's like magic right before your eyes.
As a person who loves to sew, we all know that pressing is an important process if you want your items to look crisp and clean; you don't want to walk into that big company meeting at work with a crushed shirt. The Tailor's Board is a neat tool that has a variety of angles, curved edges and flat surfaces that help shape your garment's seams to fit properly. Because the board is made of solid oak hardwood it helps hold heat resulting in perfection.
When looking at the board you may not know exactly how to use it, but it's quite simple. The large curve is used for armholes, side seams and sleeve caps, while the smaller curve is used for pressing tighter areas like collars. On the flat side is a long curved edge which is used for princess seams whereas the large flat surface is used for pressing any flat surface.
The Tailor's Board will create professional looking creases and will amaze you at how easy it is to use. If you haven’t been introduced to this product yet, now is the time.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Looking for a breezy and stylish top for spring? You'll love wearing this simple and flowy top that's perfect for layering with comfy… Continue reading: "Tapered Rectangle Top Tutorial"
- Win a BERNINA Sewing Machine, Sponsored by Stitchin Heaven!
- Floriani Total Control U Software System
- Chance to Win a Janome Sewist 780DC
- Chance to win a Handmade Tailor's Board!
- Chance to Win a NASA Fabric Fat Quarter!
- Handi Quilter Stitch 710
- Chance to win the Riley Blake CAT Construction Buildin' Crew Fabric Collection!
- Yoki the Fat Dragon Kit
- Little House on the Prairie Fabric
- Win BOLT by Girl Charlee Knit Fabrics!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy Fabric Wallet
- Diy Floor Pouf With Free Sewing Pattern
- Diy Witch Hat Pillow
- Diy Bat Garland
- Diy Halloween Fabric Bucket + Free Pattern
- Diy - Maleficent Staff
- Waterfall Top Free Sewing Pattern
- Classic Man Boxer Shorts Pattern
- Banner From Felted Wool Sweaters
- Beginner Sewing Techniques - How To Make A Very Easy Credit Card Panel.
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners