Kinsugi Inspired Trousers
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
From the blogger: "Take an old shirt and transform them into trousers. These trousers are covered in scraps and embroidered using free motion embroidery. They were then further heated up with a soldering iron to give it the kintsugi look. Kintsugi is the Japanese mending technique used to repair ceramics; and, this pair of trousers is inspired by this technique. For the kintsugi effect, satin stitches and free motion embroidery was used over a sandwich of chiffon and scraps. You will love the look and how colorful it is. They are perfect for the summer this year!"
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Time to CompleteLonger than a weekend
Sewn byBoth Hand and Machine
- Old shirt, preferably men.
- Scrap fabrics
Cut away sleeves
Cut main body of shirt into two and open up. Each piece is a leg.
Place scraps on shirt, pin and sew in place.
Sew up each leg and combine together to form a pair of trousers. Add a waist band.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Refashioned Mermaid Dress Skirt Pattern
Dad's Old T-Shirt Nightgown
Sunhat From Placemats
Funky Pencil Cases from Jeans
Super Simple T-shirt Quilt
40+ Ideas for What to Make with Old Jeans
10-Minute DIY Toiletry Bag Tutorial
Vintage Sheet Shower Curtain
Vintage Dress Refashion Tutorial
Upcycled Woven Scandi Hearts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Felt Cactus Embroidery Hoop Wall Art
- Quilting Grip Gloves
- Riley Blake Out of this World NASA Fabric
- Free Swim and Rash Guard
- Metallic Dress Made From Strips of Fabric Woven Together
- Summer Sun Hat Made From Strips of Fabric
- DIY Reusable Plastic Baggies
- Reusable Dish Sponge Pattern
- How to Sew a Button
- Shibori Dyed Table Runner and Table Mats
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners