This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
- see all comments
"Updated link https//web.archive.org/web/20200203132624/https//d == iystyle.net/projects/fashion/ruffled-zipper-clutch == /"
"https//www.charmed-liebling.com/uploads/1/1/1/6/11 == 162541/pinkpeonybag9589.pdf. It seems like the link is broken."
"Thanks a lot!!"
"Looking for pattern to make pillows from old cheer uniforms?"
Refashion Shorts into a Skirt
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
"Do you have some shorts that you don’t wear anymore? Give them a whole new lease on life with a few cuts and stitches, and turn them into a funky skirt with contrasting triangle godet panels!
This full Refashion Shorts into a Skirt tutorial has lots of explanations and photos shows you how to open up the seams, trim the edges and measure the spaces.
Then cut the pieces of contrast fabric for the godet inserts, position them and sew them in. All that’s left to do is hem the skirt and wear it with pride! Get ready for lots of compliments!"
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Shorts or pants that fit in the waist
- Contrast fabric
- Usual sewing tools (scissors, pins, thread...)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Kitchen Curtains with Gingham Bows
Make these easy, retro kitchen curtains with gingham bows to hang in your windows, and watch your home instantly transform! This… Continue reading: "Kitchen Curtains with Gingham Bows"
- T-Shirt Refashion (Video Tutorial)
- 40+ Ideas for What to Make with Old Jeans
- Ravishing Peplum Refashion
- Upcycled Sweater Pillowcase
- Men's Shirt to Dress Refashion
- Little Dinosaur Hoodie Tutorial
- Vintage Hat and Bag Refashion
- 15 Minute Lacy Blazer
- Trendy Hoodie Refashion Sewing Pattern
- Refashioned Ruffled Strapless Top
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Cell Phone Bag Pattern
- Why is My Thread Wrapping Around the Bobbin?
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Make A Ruffle Dress From Men's Button Down Shirts
- Free Tie-Hem Shorts Sewing Pattern for Girls
- Easy Girl's Sundress Sewing Pattern
- A Line Dress Pattern For Girls
- Turn Your Old Jeans Into Versatile Denim Belts With Pockets
- 30+ Shirt Dress Patterns Free
- Diy Jane Austen Costume
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners