Super Simple Baby Booties
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"Instead of spending lots of money on expensive baby booties, why not just make some? These baby booties are pretty simple and are designed to fit 4-6 month old babies. To make booties for older babies, just make the pattern bigger. Note: These are not intended for babies that can walk. Walking in them will wear them out faster and/or get them dirty."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
- 4 2" by 7" strips (back)
- 2 sole
- 2 upper pieces
- 2 pieces of 5" elastic (1/2" wide)
- Safety pin and straight pins
- Sewing machine and thread
Cut out the pattern pieces
Hem the upper piece (1/2").
Put two of the end pieces right sides together and sew. Turn end pieces so the seam in on inside.
Sew a seam 3/4" away from fold
Thread elastic through tube with a safety pin. Stitch it on either side so that it stays inside tube.
Sew end piece to upper piece with elastic side pointing toward middle.
Sew upper/end piece to sole.
Repeat for second shoe
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
75+ Free Baby Sewing Patterns You'll Adore
Fashionable Fabric Homemade Baby Gate
Easy Baby Quilt Tutorial
Free Baby Swaddle Pattern Easy Tutorial
Plush Rattle Sewing Pattern
Baby Bow Turban Beanie Sewing Pattern
On-the-Go Changing Pad & Diaper Caddy
The Bigger and Better Bib
Bandana Bib Tutorial
Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Riley Blake Out of this World NASA Fabric
- Free Swim and Rash Guard
- Metallic Dress Made From Strips of Fabric Woven Together
- Summer Sun Hat Made From Strips of Fabric
- DIY Reusable Plastic Baggies
- Reusable Dish Sponge Pattern
- How to Sew a Button
- Shibori Dyed Table Runner and Table Mats
- Magic Pillowcase Instructions (Video Tutorial)
- One Yard Wonders: 26+ One Yard Fabric Sewing Projects
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners