No-Sew Wrapped Thread Ornaments Tutorial
DIY ornaments are the best. What's better? Quick, easy, and no-sew ornaments that you can make in minutes. That's what you'll find with this project!
Make your holiday season 'sew' merry and bright with these No-Sew Wrapped Thread Ornaments! These ornaments are incredibly cute, festive, and easy to make.
These homemade ornaments truly allow you to make your holiday garland or tree your own. Aunt Lydia's offers a variety of seasonal shades of crochet thread, featuring white, wasabi, Christmas myrtle green, and victory red, that are sure to give your holiday decor a vibrantly holly and jolly look.
Choose your desired colors of crochet thread and felt and begin. You don't even need to get out the needle and thread to make these festive no-sew ornaments.
It's one of the most fun and fastest ways to decorate your Christmas tree this year. Plus, change up the colors and make ornaments or garlands for other holidays.
Join Sewing It Up For More Free Patterns, Tutorials, & Guides >>
Skill Level: Easy
Project Type: Make a Project
Time to Complete: Under an hour
Sewn By: Hand
• Aunt Lydia's Crochet Thread Classic 10: White, Wasabi, Christmas, Myrtle Green, Victory Red
• Craft Felt Squares: Gold, White, Green, Red
• White craft glue
Ornament Measurement: 2.5" diameter
No-Sew Wrapped Thread Ornaments Tutorial:
1. Draw and cut one 2.5" diameter circle from cardstock.
2. Use the cardstock circle to trace and cut out two felt circles.
3. Glue the cardstock circle inside the two felt circles to create a disc.
4. Repeat the disc-making process to create several felt-covered discs.
5. Wind thread around the disc, leaving a 6" tail.
6. Continue to wind the thread around the entire disc while rotating clockwise, with 1/8" space between each thread.
7. Tie the two ends of the thread together in a knot when the entire disc is wound. Use the ends of the thread to tie the disc ornament to a Christmas garland or tree.
8. Repeat the steps to create several ornaments with all the different colors of felt and thread.
9. Tie all the completed Christmas Disc Ornaments to your holiday tree or garland. These beautiful ornaments are also great to use on gift wrap, or to hang together as a garland!
View this Aunt Lydia's printable PDF pattern on Yarnspirations
10 Festive No-Sew Christmas Ornaments >>
Do you prefer to make or buy ornaments for your tree?
Let us know in the comments!
Read NextChicken Ornament Sewing Pattern