Tic Tac Toe Yo Yo Game Board
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Sewing for kids is always rewarding. They'll love playing with this Tic Tac Toe Yo Yo Game Board from Coats and Clark. This easy sewing project is portable which makes entertaining the kids while traveling a breeze. It even includes a pocket to hold game pieces.
- 1 Coats and Clark Dual Duty XP® All Purpose
- thread to match
- 1 Coats and Clark Dual Duty XP® All Purpose
- thread for decorative stitches
- 1 12” Coats and Clark zipper
- ½ yard print fabric
- ½ yard of plain fabric or contrasting print
- 12 coordinating buttons
- Ã¢â¦âº yd quilt batting or scraps for yo-yo game pieces
For game board:
- 4 3 ½” squares of plain fabric
- 5 3 ½” squares of print fabric
- 2 1” x 9 ½” strips plain fabric
- 2 1” x 10 ½” strips plain fabric
- 2 1 ¾” x 10 ½” strips print fabric
- 2 1 ¾” x 13” strips print fabric
- 1 13” square plain fabric for lining
- 2 13” x 7” print fabric for back
For Yo-Yo game pieces:
- 6 4” circles of plain fabric
- 6 4” circles of print fabric
- 12 1 ½” circles from quilt batting for yo-yos
Note: Use ¼” seam allowance unless otherwise instructed.
Use 3 ½” squares to make 3 rows with 3 squares in each row alternating print with plain fabrics to make a 9 patch.
With right sides together sew each square in Row 1 together. Repeat with Rows 2 and 3. Press seams to one side alternating directions with each row. (Press Row 1 to the left, Row 2 to the right and Row 3 to the left. This will make it easier to match the seams and sew the rows together.
Sew Row 1 to Row 2 matching seams. Press.
Sew Row 3 to Row 2 matching seams. Press.
Sew one 1” x 9 ½” strip to top of squares. Sew the other strip to the bottom, Press.
Sew one 1” x 10 ½” fabric strip to left side of squares. Sew the other strip to the right. Press.
Sew the 1¾” x 10 ½” strips to the top and bottom. Press.
Sew the 1¾” x 13” strips to the left and right sides. Press.
Embellish th e game board with decorative stitches in the center of the plain fabric strips using a contrasting shade of Dual Duty XP™ All Purpose or Embroidery Thread.
With wrong sides together baste the 13” square lining to the back of the game board with a scant ¼” seam. Trim excess fabric if necessary.
Back: Press under Ã¢â¦Â” along the length of each 13” x 7” piece of fabric.
Pin zipper in place along the folded edge. Top stitch close to the edge of the fold. Repeat with the other side.
- With right sides together put the patchwork piece on top of the zippered back. Pin. Open the zipper at least 2 inches to allow for turning. Stitch front to back with a ¼” seam allowance. Trim excess fabric if necessary. Trim corners and turn right side out. Press. Topstitching 1/4” from the edge is optional.
Make 12 fabric yo-yos using 4” circles from plain and print fabric. See instructions below. Sew a button to the center of each yo-yo for decoration.
How to Make a Yo-Yo:
Thread needle with Coats and Clark Dual Duty XP™ All Purpose thread. Double thread and knot.
Turn back Ã¢â¦âº" of fabric edge to the wrong side of the fabric turning back enough fabric for two or three stitches at a time. Do a running stitch close to the folded edge. Stitches should be approximately Ã¢â¦âº” to ¼” long and evenly spaced. Continue around the circle. Place a 1½” circle of quilt batting in the center of the circle.
Draw up thread as tight as possible to form a tight circle. Make sure the right side of the fabric is showing! Backstitch to secure yo-yo. Smooth and flatten yo-yo so the hole is in the center.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Pengi the Penguin Softie
American Girl Ice Skating Uniform Sewing Pattern
How to Make American Girl Doll Clothes: 16+ Free Doll Clothes Patterns
25+ Easy Stuffed Animal Patterns
Josephine Free Doll Pattern
Wallace the Whale
How Joyful Bear
Insanely Smart Toy Bag
Free Skirt Pattern for Dolls
How to Make Doll Clothes: 20+ Free Doll Clothes Patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Elegant Princess Dress for Girls
- DIY Upcycled T-Shirt Dress for Girls
- Drafting a Tapered Pencil Skirt
- Easy Pleated Skirt Pattern
- Designer Knockoffs: 26 DIY Anthropologie Clothes & Decor
- Easiest Cushion Cover Ever!
- Chattune Fabric Collection
- Kissy Lips Pillow
- Paper Pieced Ornament
- DIY No-Sew Ruffle Sleeve Sweatshirt
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners