This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
How To Make A Simple Sewing Machine Cover
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
"This is a step by step video tutorial showing how to make a simple sewing machine cover for your sewing machine. This is a beginner level project and geared to all skill levels. Why is it important to use a sewing machine cover? Keeping your sewing machine dust free helps care for your machine.
It's also important for the cover to be breathable not make of plastic. Plastic holds moisture and will yellow your nice bright white machine casing. A plastic cover will also break down some internal nylon or plastic machine components over time. Plus it makes your sewing machine look pretty!
I used a flamingo print to make my sewing machine cover. I'm a Florida gal so I thought this would be a fun print. Use a print that makes you smile! Have a Happy Creative Day and I hope you find this a fun, simple project!!"
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- 1 yard of cotton fabric
- 2 yards of ribbon 3/8"
- fusible interfacing
Prewash, dry and press fabric.
Follow step by step video instructions for creating this sewing machine cover.
The video will walk you through measuring, marking and cutting fabric, ribbon and interfacing.
Pressing on fusible interfacing.
Sewing and pressing the project.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- How to Make a Soft Baby Blanket
- Beards and Beer Masculine Quilt Tutorial
- Easy Potholders to Sew
- How to Make a Quilted Potholder
- DIY Jersey Dress from 2 Old T-Shirts
- How to Read a Sewing Pattern
- Refashioned Top from Leggings
- Effortless Chain Stitch Tutorial
- Magic Pillowcase Directions
- How to Sew a Fleece Hat
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Denim Halloween Hanging Pockets
- Diy Simple Scrunchy - A Simple Sewing Project
- Favorite Fast Four Patch Quilt Pattern For Beginners
- How To Sew Fabric Bows
- Free Pumpkin Sewing Pattern
- How To Make A Quilt From Start To Finish 8 Easy Steps
- Witch Hat Halloween Table Runner Quilt Pattern
- September 2023 Mystery Sew Along
- 10 Minutes Hand Warmers
- Bamboo Handle Handbag Pattern
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners