- see all comments
"Updated link https//web.archive.org/web/20200203132624/https//d == iystyle.net/projects/fashion/ruffled-zipper-clutch == /"
"https//www.charmed-liebling.com/uploads/1/1/1/6/11 == 162541/pinkpeonybag9589.pdf. It seems like the link is broken."
"Thanks a lot!!"
"Looking for pattern to make pillows from old cheer uniforms?"
How to Make a Reversible Baby Sun Hat
This newborn sun hat pattern is reversible, cute, and helpful to keep the sun from baby's eyes and precious skin!
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
Click here to view your Sewing Patterns.
Nothing is cuter than a baby in a little sun hat! What makes this DIY baby sun hat even better is that it's reversible!
With two hats in one, save space and be ready for any outfit with a few of these on hand.
With this video tutorial by Maureen Wilson, you can learn how to make a baby sun hat. If you've been searching for free sewing hat patterns, here's a cute option that will protect your child in the sun.
Don't forget this cute DIY baby hat when you're headed to the beach, the 4th of July parade, picnic, or that backyard BBQ.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Reversible Sun Hat Video Tutorial:
BONUS! Hat Facts
- The earliest recording of a hat is from 15,000 years ago in a cave painting in western France.
- Theologian students of John Duns Scotus were the first to wear dunce caps in medieval times. They believed the hats would funnel God’s wisdom into their head, but they just ended up with a reputation for foolishness.
- The tall chef’s hat has 100 pleats because an egg can be cooked 100 ways.
- In the 1920s, Americans had a strange tradition of attacking anyone wearing a straw hat after September 15th, which was named Felt Hat Day.
- The term “mad as a hatter” comes from actual hat makers who would go insane from breathing in the mercury fumes used in the hat-making process at the time.
- John Hetherington, the inventor of the top hat, was arrested the first time he wore it in public for disturbing the peace as people were frightened by its tall and shiny appearance. He was dragged to court and forced to pay a 50 pound fine.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Jun 27, 2016
Thank you for this pattern. I needed a last minute baby gift and it turned out perfect. Your video was done very well and helpful. I had no problem finding the pattern pieces. One layer I made a navy denim with sunflowers and the other side a yellow and white seersucker small gingham check. The yellow and white was from a re-purposed man's shirt and the denim left over from an apron I had made. Love that it is reversible. Hope the picture I added turns out, so you can see. Thanks again. Sue
Jun 11, 2016
The video tutorial is very helpful. So many times babies' heads are forgotten about when out in the sun and their skin needs extra protection. I'd like to sew up several of these sweet hats to give to babies in need on summer days. #BestIdeaEver
crazylikeafox 1802 399
Nov 13, 2013
Could you please tell me what size this hat is suited for? Unfortunately my girl doesn't seem to fit the generic head sizes that most recommend. She's a little bit on the bigger side. Currently she's wearing a 54cm sun hat, do you think this is slightly larger?
Sep 17, 2012
love it as with the video it really shows how to do step by step LOVE IT vicki
Jun 28, 2012
It's a very helpful video with crystal clear instructions!
May 29, 2012
@rtobin11 0279606, Thanks for your message. Unfortunately, we only have a video tutorial for this project. You can contact the pattern designer directly for help. The designer is specified in the byline. --Editor of AllFreeSewing
May 26, 2012
COULD NOT LOCATE P?ATTERN... WHERE IS IT
May 29, 2013
Apr 13, 2012
I went looking for the pattern at the owners blog - it links back to your site which is nice but I wanted the pattern - smiling - maybe we could see it next time?
May 29, 2013
Sep 02, 2011
@castanedaperu 6689715, We only have a video tutorial for this project. You can contact the pattern designer directly for help. The designer is specified in the byline. --Editor of AllFreeSewing
castanedaperu 6689 715
Sep 01, 2011
Where is the pattern for this hat?
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
5 Minute Free Bag Pattern
Beginner sewing projects need to be two things. They need to be easy and they need to be small. When you start out sewing and learning… Continue reading: "5 Minute Free Bag Pattern"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Charleston Beginner Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
- Make A Ruffle Dress From Men's Button Down Shirts
- Free Tie-Hem Shorts Sewing Pattern for Girls
- Easy Girl's Sundress Sewing Pattern
- A Line Dress Pattern For Girls
- Turn Your Old Jeans Into Versatile Denim Belts With Pockets
- 30+ Shirt Dress Patterns Free
- Diy Jane Austen Costume
- Easy Gathered Skirt With Rounded Patch Pockets
- Easy Pillowcase Tutorial
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Projects
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners