23 Fourth of July Crafts: How to Sew Pillowcase Dresses, Star Pillows and More
Get ready to celebrate Independence Day with this list of patriotic sewing patterns!
We are adding the pattern to your Sewing Patterns.
The pattern was added to your Sewing Patterns.
When July 4th rolls around this year, you'll be completely prepared. Thanks to 23 Fourth of July Crafts: How to Sew Pillowcase Dresses, Star Pillows and More, your closet and home will shine with stars and stripes. From sewing tutorials teaching you how to sew pillows to full instructions on a baby's beanie, you'll face this year's fireworks with brand new DIY duds and decor. Set your machine to work on these patriotic projects. You'll enjoy a holiday filled with fun, simple sewing.
Looking for more great Fourth of July crafts? Then don't miss this list of Firework Safety Tips + 4th of July Craft Ideas from our sister site, AllFreeHolidayCrafts!
Table of Contents
Want even more easy sewing tutorials for the Fourth of July? Celebrate Independence Day in style with our free eBook filled with 4th of July crafts! "6 Free Holiday Ideas: Celebrate a DIY 4th of July" eBook
4th of July Clothes for Kids
There's something magical about the Fourth of July for kids. The sense of unity, unbeatable food, and fireworks are immeasurably fun. Take advantage of these Fourth of July ideas to get your kids excited for the celebration. From this roundup, learn how to sew clothing and Fourth of July crafts that your kids can proudly wear leading up to the big day.
- Stars and Stripes Dress for GirlsLearn how to make a dress for girls that can be adapted for any season with the Stars and Stripes Dress for Girls tutorial. This easy-to-make dress will appeal to those eager to learn how to make clothes, because it takes you through all the steps.
- American Flag Clothes TutorialGet in the 4th of July spirit with this spray paint tutorial roundup, or use the projects any time of the year for some patriotic fashion. Red and blue spray paint, dish towels, and plain tee shirts are a good place to start tagging.
- America the Beautiful SkirtYour little girl will look pretty and patriotic in this America the Beautiful Skirt. This pleated skirt looks like it is wrapped and has lots of cute ruffles. With this easy sewing tutorial you can make a skirt that's perfect for the Fourth of July.
- 4th of July ShirtsUse this simple holiday craft idea to make 4th of July shirts for yourself or your kids. This free sewing pattern shows you how to embellish a plain shirt to look like the flag. Design and make your own clothes that celebrate the nation's birthday by following this simple sewing tutorial.
- Patriotic Pillowcase DressesUse our holiday craft ideas to make your own clothes! These patriotic pillowcase dresses are quick and easy, and they're perfect to wear to a 4th of July barbecue.
- Red, White and Blue DressThis Red, White and Blue Dress is a quick project for baby that makes a perfect Fourth of July outfit. This simple sewing project is made out of a basic t-shirt and embellished with ric rac and ribbon. It's a cute dress that can be worn all summer.
- Star Spangled Toddler CapInstilling patriotic spirit in your little one can be as easy as sewing. Print out your free template and sew your child a Star Spangled Toddler Cap full of red, white, and blue. Your toddler will look oh-so cute sporting this adorable hat, and it's super easy to make.
- Let Freedom Ring DressDress your little girl up for the 4th of July in this "Let Freedom Ring" Dress. It's an easy sewing project that features tiers of red, white and blue fabric. Learn how to sew a dress with this patriotic tutorial.
- 4th of July HalterFor independence day, make this special 4th of July Halter for your daughter to wear. It's a cute outfit that's perfect for the holiday.
- Fourth of July Fireworks DressYour girls will look cute and stay cool in this Fourth of July Fireworks Dress. This simple dress is an easy sewing project that has a ribbed knit bodice and a gathered skirt. Decorative touches like buttons and hem stitching make this dress festive.
- 4th of July DIY T-ShirtTransform an ordinary shirt into this delightful and spirited 4th of July DIY T-Shirt. Your little girl will be all set to twirl around with sparklers and be amazed by the loudness and brightness of the fireworks display. This sewing tutorial will show you how to refashion the sleeves to be puffy with two different printed fabrics.
Patriotic Sewing Patterns for Women
Fourth of July crafts aren't exclusively for children. You know when July hits every summer, you shuffle through your drawers for anything red, white, blue, starred, or striped. This year, take advantage of these tutorials on sewing clothes and create a customized outfit to wear to the big barbeque. You'll look and feel absolutely lovely underneath the fireworks thanks to these sewing tutorials.
- Unstoppable Pencil SkirtYou'll feel like a million bucks when you wear this Unstoppable Pencil Skirt. If you're going to learn how to sew a skirt, it might as well make you feel great. Easy to read and aided with pictures, this simple skirt pattern will yield a piece that is sleek and timeless.
- Sharp Pencil SkirtThe perfect Sharp Pencil Skirt has arrived with this excellent tutorial. Craft instructions don't get clearer than this. By skimming through these easy sewing project instructions, you'll find out that it's not too hard to learn how to make clothes.
- Pleated High Waist SkirtThere's no need to spend a lot of money to add something stylish to your wardrobe. Sew this Pleated High Waist Skirt that will fit perfectly to your body. Check out the tutorial to see how to make a pleated skirt that you will absolutely love.
- Nautical Tee Midi Dress TutorialStay on trend this summer with everything nautical with this simple dress that's the perfect middle ground between day and evening wear. This Nautical Tee Midi Dress Tutorial comes with step-by-step images and a printable pattern for the dress bodice, so that you don't have to draft your bodice by hand.
4th of July Decorative Crafts
Look no further for Fourth of July ideas for your home than this list. From this roundup of ideas you can learn how to sew pillows that pay tribute to the American flag. Mere additions to your home décor such as sewn bunting and DIY bags will add a subtle but perfect touch that celebrates Independence Day.
- Grand Old Silverware HolderDeck out your table as grand as the emblem of the land you love. This Grand Old Silverware Holder is as simple as it gets when it comes to patriotic crafts. Follow along with this tutorial for a 4th of July craft you don't want to miss.
- Seeing Stars Pillow TutorialNeed instructions to sew a pillow? This festive sewing project is great for patriotic holidays or for sprucing up a child's room. Let the Seeing Stars Pillow Tutorial teach you how to make a pillow for a bed or couch.
- Americana Denim Star PillowLearn how to sew a pillow and upcycle denim in the process! The Americana Denim Star Pillow is a beautiful patriotic sewing project that will look great in any home. Decorate your living room with this beautiful pillow, or use it as a holiday decoration for the Fourth of July.
- DIY Patriotic Decor"A simple old window frame becomes the perfect DIY Patriotic Decor with chicken wire and fabric scraps. Be inspired by this DIY country primitive summertime decor! I was recently inspired to make new use of my chicken wire window frame by using some red, white and blue fabric scraps!"
- Star Spangled PillowOh say, can you sew? This Star Spangled Pillow is a great way to bump up the patriotism in your home. You don't need a national holiday as an excuse to sew a cushion like this one. In just a few simple steps, you can create this pillow and add it to the homemade cushions in your home.
- 4th of July Outdoor PillowsMake these 4th of July outdoor pillows to decorate for your 4th of July festivities and honor our founding fathers. This holiday craft idea will show you just how easy it is to make throw pillows.
- American Flag Fabric BannerGussy up your home with patriotic crafts. This American Flag Fabric Banner will infuse patriotism into whatever room you're looking to decorate. What's different about this DIY decor versus store bought streamers is its charming simplicity.
- All-American ToteShow your patriotism on the 4th of July with this All-American Tote. This free tote bag pattern tutorial features an applique star, gingham straps, and a cute bow. Add some red, white and blue to your outfit with this festive DIY tote bag.
If you have already filled the inside of your abode with DIY home décor, it is time to look to the outside. Whether you are looking for front porch decorating ideas or back porch decorating ideas, the fabulous ideas will pretty up your porch in no time. Find just about any idea you might need in 13 Back Porch and Front Porch Decorating Ideas. 13 Back Porch and Front Porch Decorating Ideas
How does your family celebrate the 4th of July? Let us know below in the comments!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Tips and Tricks for Sewing Vinyl
- Rustic Fabric Christmas Tree Banner
- 32 Valentine's Day Sewing Projects
- Printable DIY Fabric Labels
- How to Sew a Patch
- Customized DIY Tea Towels
- Toadstool Wrist Pincushion Tutorial
- 23+ Beginner Sewing Videos and Tutorials
- Which Body Shape Am I? Quick Tips for the Perfect Fit
- Vintage Kitchen Towel Tutorial
- 11 Free Vintage Patterns: How to Sew Retro-Inspired Clothing for Ladies
- 11 Sewing Room Ideas: How To Organize Your Room
- 15 Sewing Patterns for Women's Dresses & Other Pretty Project
- 25 Sewing Crafts from Bloggers
- 9 Insanely Awesome Sewing Ideas: How to Sew a Pillow, DIY Home Decor, and More
- Designer Inspired Sewing: 9 Beautiful Designer Inspired Knock Off Patterns
- Fabulous Fabric Flower Tutorials: 7 Ways to Learn How to Make Fabric Flowers
- Sewing for Baby: 11 Small Sewing Projects for Your Little One
- Sewing For Beginners
- Simple Sewing Projects: 16 Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners